Photo

Urgent Help Needed - Missing Costume File Now Fixed!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:15 PM

I have a very large and long movie I have been working on for a couple of months now - It is a full length feature film and that is why I haven't put anything much new online. Well there are 18 different scenes and loads of sets. The problem I am having now is when I try to load my movie, I get the following message:

The following items were missing (perhaps due to missing AddOn packs)

Costumes/M01_03_Hood_Down/M01_03_Upper_02 [1]
Costumes/M01_03_Hood_Down/M01_03_Lower_01 [2]

and then the following message:

null
----Debugging information ---
required-type :mscope.things.BodyTemplate
cause-mesage :null
class :mscope.things.Movie
line number :7188
path :/movie/cast/character[42]/template/bodyPart[2]/material[3]
cause-exception : java.lang.NullPointerException

I know who the character is. I created him this weekend for one scene and I have already rendered the scene and don't need him anymore. The missing costume template is in the directory. I can see it not only in the Modder's Workshop but in the actual addon file.

I do have an old copy of the movie that works but it doesn't have all the characters and I can probably finish the movie using the sets I already saved in my stock sets, but I really want to be able to use the working file I am using.

Is there something I can do in the mscope file to fix this? I have tried copying over the missing file to the Addon directory but it still says it is missing. I have already filmed everything I need from that scene. I guess I can try deleting the scene to see if my movie will open, but I really don't like to do that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just thought I would add this as I fixed this problem. This is just for future information for anyone else who is having problems like these. What I did was open the movie.mscope file in Winrar (you can view these files there) copy everything to a text file in Notepad and then I searched for the above terms until I found the offending costume file. I deleted the reference to that particular costume. My movie opened fine after that and the character ws still there - so I put him into the costume workshop, gave him another costume and saved him to stock. Right now I am going through the whole movie and saving all the characters I had not already saved to stock - to stock, as well as all the sets I have.

I renamed the offending movie.mscope file to movieold.mscope and saved the corrected file to movie.mscope. Everything is perfect.

It appears though that the template for that particular costume reference above has a bug. It is the first time I have dressed a puppet in that particular costume and although it still shows up in the costume workshop, there is a problem with it, so that needs to be addressed.

#2 Synnah

Synnah

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 03:58 PM

Hi Lucinda,

The first thing to check is whether you have the relevant addon enabled. The costume in question is in BaseBeta2 (It was replaced by a tintable hoodie in Base01). It most likely is, because a missing costume wouldn't stop a movie from loading. What it looks like is that one of the materials has been removed from the Bodypart in Modder's Workshop. Were you editing the costume before the error started occurring? It should be easy enough to go back in and add the missing material again. Failing this, you can edit the .mscope file quite easily.

To do this you need to overwrite the section of the .mscope file that refers to the costume for that character. If you open the file in Wordpad, or something similar, you'll see a list of characters at the start. Each character description starts with <character> and ends with </character>. Just before each of the closing </character> tags you should see the name of that character, enclosed in <name> tags. Find the character whose has the costume, and scroll up a little. Each character will have three sets of <bodypart> tags. The first one describes, the head, the second describes the hair, and the third describes the costume. If you copy the chunk of text enclosed in the third set of <bodypart> and </bodypart> tags from another male character, and paste it over the top of the same chunk of text for the character that's wearing the broken Hoodie, it should succesfully replace the non-working costume. Of course, make sure to make a back-up copy of the .mscope file before you do this.

It's also possible to completely delete all references to the character within the .mscope file, but in an 18-scene movie, this is going to be stupidly time consuming (It's not just a case of deleting the character from the start of the file, but changing the reference for every character that follows him on the list). If the first method doesn't work, send the original .mscope to me at david.thatcher@moviestorm.co.uk and I'll have a look at it myself.
---------------------------
Short Fuze QA bloke

#3 scorpio11bw

scorpio11bw

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:10 AM

I'm having trouble like that. I've went to the website to up my points and to get the content packages I need again but  in setting it will not let me click on any packages . and when I go to manage content packages at the start it tells me  FAILED TO BUY .. You already have a permanent license . I have turn off my firewall, real time setting to see if that would solve the problem but it didn't. Why isn't my packages showing on Moviestorm filmmaker ??

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5345 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:20 AM

Probably best to post this on the Moviestorm Facebook page - they seem to monitor that more regularly.

Cheers.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"