• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FLeeF

FLeeF

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:05 AM

In 1.4.3 I used to be able to render at 1280 px wide. Now when I go to render and select Advanced Options it has me at 800 wide - even though my Moviestorm settings are at 1280.

I try to choose the 1280 option and render, but the program then tells me, "The resolution you have chosen is too large for your screen. Make the Moviestorm window larger or select a lower resolution."

My MS window is as large as it can get! My overall MS window in Settings is at 1280x1024 (60Hz). What gives?
The forecast is - MOVIESTORM!
www.FlingFilms.com My system: WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c -- Intel Core2 Duo 2.44GHz processor -- 2GB RAM -- nVidia GEForce 8800 GTS w/620MB

#2 twak

twak

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:23 AM

Heya, this probably means that there is something causing the moviestorm window to be thinner than the resolution on your monitor. Some things that might cause this if you're running in windowed mode:

* your windows taskbar is on the on the left or right hand edge of the screen
* the google taskbar (very popular in the office atm) is taking up screen space
* the moviestorm window isn't maximized fully

if none of these help then setting 'storm to run full screen at 1280x1024 should work. (Movie selection screen -> settings -> turn on full screen & select resolution).

-- twak

#3 FLeeF

FLeeF

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:38 AM

Thanks, twak, but nothing makes a difference. My screen is 1280x1024. There are no other things taking up screen real estate. I'm running full screen -- not windowed mode (tried it both ways).

I uninstalled 2.0 and reinstalled 1.4.3 and that version lets me render at 1280px wide, so the problem is with 2.0.

This has also been reported by bongoman here: http://www.moviestor.../list/1005.page

I'd like to run 2.0, but this is a deal breaker. The low res renders are not usable.

And I have a big beef with getting logged out of this forum before I even have a chance to finish a single posting. Could someone please increase the timeout limits a bit. There is nothing worse than typing a detailed post and losing it all because the forum kicks you off!
www.FlingFilms.com My system: WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c -- Intel Core2 Duo 2.44GHz processor -- 2GB RAM -- nVidia GEForce 8800 GTS w/620MB

#4 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:46 AM

I've just been experimenting with haivng my display at 1280*1024 and getting the same problem you have - but only with moviestorm as a fullscreen app or non-maximised, not with it in a maximised window.

We will try to get this sorted, but in the mean time, please try running moviestorm in a window (needs a restart after you have changed the option), and use the 'maximise' box (top right, between minimise and close) to make moviestorm fullscreen(ish) but in a window, so you can just see the windows bar and the window name at the bottom and top of your screen.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#5 FLeeF

FLeeF

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:56 AM

Oh, Ben, I hope they pay you a lotta money because you are so worth it!

That did the trick nicely! I had tried it in a window before but not maximized... at least I thought it was already maximized. Thank you!

#6 bengarrett1971

bengarrett1971

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 12:46 PM

Hi FLeeF,

Regarding the session timing out of the forums, the "Cookies" that the forum software uses should last for 30 minutes - but these Cookies are created by the MS community website (where you log in), not by the forums themselves, so they will run out in that time unless you happen to head back to the community site (where they get refreshed).

If you use the "remember me" checkbox when you log in these Cookies last much longer (10 years); you will get automatically logged in to the community website whenever you visit!

If this is happening to you despite using the "remember me" checkbox, drop me a PM and I'll see if I can get to the bottom on the problem. There are enough combinations of browser, firewall and security settings to cause mayhem with this sort of thing!

Ben
Moviestorm Community Website Developer

#7 FLeeF

FLeeF

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:25 PM

Thanks for the response, Ben. I get kicked off the forum in about 5 minutes of inactivity, but it leaves me logged into the main site. I'll remind myself to open another instance of the main site in a second tab and refresh it if I think I'm taking too long to compose a forum post, see if that works.