• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Eddie001

Eddie001

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:07 PM

Am I missing a button on the interface? Or a link on the main page?

Can't seem to find any links to additional content.

Also, are the characters always going to be restricted to non-nude puppets? This could be somewhat restrictive. I want the opening shot of a film I am working on to be in the shower, obviously that's going to lose some realism here...

#2 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:32 PM

We are currently in a beta stage - the content packs are coming in a 'not-yet-here' sort of way. I think we might have some available by mid August, if things go well.

I'm not sure if or when we will support shower scenes, sorry. As well as the nude issue, running water is not something we can do yet.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#3 Eddie001

Eddie001

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:21 PM

Yeah the running water issue is fair enough, I can always either add that in another program or simply cut the film to have the water SFX suggest water, before getting to the person in the shower... Not being nude in the shower though is a bit of a show stopper...

But overall, the program is impressive. Be interesting to see what the content will be like. I presume you will be using the same sales model as used by DAZ3D?

#4 DavidB

DavidB

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 793 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:15 PM

ooooh, we like Daz3d. Like it a lot.

The plan is that:

1 - we will sell "premium" content packs where we control the style, quality and content on a themed basis (see the main website for details)

2 - shortly thereafter their will be a market place for modders to sell their content. Yes, we would like a commission, No, we will not be silly about prices

3 - there will also be some "sponsored content", where Brand X decides that it's values are aligned with (say) Zombies (say) and they subsidise it for you, the user

4 - we will keep on releasing interesting free stuff as we can.

5 - we are keen to do deals with other sites that have appropriate modded content (not blashpemous, not © infringing, etc) and which is compatible with Moviestorm. If you know any we should have talked to, PM me.

Is that ok?

(P.S. if I had made a video of the row we had in the office about the need for running water for bathrooms, you would not believe it was real. :roll: )
David J W Bailey ACA MA MSc GIBiol MInstD

blog.david.bailey.net www.twitter.com/davidjwbailey www.flickr.com/people/davidjwbailey

#5 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:50 AM

WOW, great incentive for modders! Good one! smile.gif

#6 Lionheart

Lionheart

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:06 AM

...Is there a way I can get this Modding software?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LHMachinima

#7 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:37 AM

(Lionheart)
...Is there a way I can get this Modding software?

Currently, no, not yet.

The intention is that we will be making the modders workshop available to people via software 'modders keys' which will show who has published a mod, and when you log in to moviestorm, you will have permission (or not) to use specific mods and addons.
We will also need to have a suitable interface on the website to let you choose who can use your mods (ie by selling, or giving away).

Comming Soon (although I'm not exactly sure how long soon will be in this case.)
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd