• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:49 PM

I wish I could expand the timeline so I can adjust the gestures, dialog, camera, and any actions associated with props on a seperated timeline linked to the actor currently expanded. Something like this:

Currently everything associated with the actor seems to be mixed into 1 'track', which wisely conserves screenspace, but it could be expanded for finer editing, & collapsed again.

#2 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:21 PM

The expanding thing sounds like a good idea to me!

(lol... so, what happened to you character there, B'man? Did he fall asleep sunning himself by a picked (sp?) fence? tongue.gif)
The next big thing: MOVIESTORM!

See my most recent movie: "Athena Project: Chapter 2 (Down the Rabbit-hole)"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102329

(Soon, "Athena Project 3: The Laws Of Robotics"

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#3 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:06 PM

Ha ha, very funny one Fulkster, I'm just playing with the texs, step 1 of my usual modding process.

I even tried to alter the material.material file in order to add additional texs, but it's not working for me yet, i probably missed some detail... but I've been able to alter my wall, ceiling & floor texs... what's with all the flower wallpaper motifs, anyway...?
I love the potential for this, thanks for passing the link on to me originally Fulk.

EDIT oops it appears I posted this in the wrong forum.

#4 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:22 AM

Modding the Materials.materials to add more textures shouldnt be working; our DRM has a list of all the files moviestorm reads (which should be speeding up load times slightly too), but means that untill you have a modders key and can publish addons, moviestorm wont reconise new textures you are adding.

I'm not quite sure when we will be giving out modders keys, but do make sure to get one when we do.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#5 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

(Ben_S)
Modding the Materials.materials to add more textures shouldnt be working; our DRM has a list of all the files moviestorm reads (which should be speeding up load times slightly too), but means that untill you have a modders key and can publish addons, moviestorm wont reconise new textures you are adding.

I'm not quite sure when we will be giving out modders keys, but do make sure to get one when we do.

Darn tootin'. Thanks Ben.

#6 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3286 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:06 PM

ooh, I was right after all smile.gif I confused myself for a while.
It's wonderful how much you are geting into this program B'man, love to see what you're going to do with it.

#7 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:30 PM

(kkffoo)
ooh, I was right after all smile.gif I confused myself for a while.
It's wonderful how much you are geting into this program B'man, love to see what you're going to do with it.

I'm still so new, Kkffoo. i don't know how to upload movies to this site yet, lol.
I find that I have to back up in the process, I've been diving into a movie the way I do a song, quick & hearty. I have to slow down that inclination with this software, I have to plan more, not entirely due to the way this program is used but because I'm still finding different ways of using it, and I fiddle around still. I'm dying to do a movie, but I still can't get expressions to behave properly, and I'll be frustrated when I've finished it and then finally figure out how to use expressions & have to redo it.
I'm having a lot of fun messing with texs though... I got a great 'tech panel' wall series going, slowly replacing those wallpapers...

I would like to change the window trim to something different, but I don't think there's more options yet.