Photo

"Wig For Romeo" Hairstyle Doesn't Show Up On Actor!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CPT Destroyer

CPT Destroyer

Master Director

• Banned
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:43 AM

Everytime I click the "Wig For Romeo" hairstyle for males, it just doesn't show up on the actor. Come to think of it, I've never been able to use that hairstyle, pre and open beta. Is that how it's supposed to be? I took a pic of the error, if that helps.

Here it is: (you might need to click it to read the text)

Any help is appreciated.

#2 equinoxx

equinoxx

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 916 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:01 AM

Try downloading the Male Costumes pack from the store. I had the same issue, and after installing the content pack, it works fine (as does the Juliet wig from the Female Costumes pack, although it seems different outfits have different underlying body shapes and the hair doesn't always drape properly in the front... ah, well... one day, there'll be dynamic hair for that, right?).
David "equinoxx" Anderson
http://www.veoh.com/...els/equinoxxent

#3 CPT Destroyer

CPT Destroyer

Master Director

• Banned
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:01 AM

I tried that, and it didn't work. And I just noticed, neither does any of the other hairstyles pictured (the hats). They all just come up bald. I've tried it on every head, and still nothing.

#4 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:04 AM

Some quick checks:
You have 2.0.2 (The costume pack ddidnt work correctly with 2.0.0 when I tried it).

You have licences for the male character pack (you should get a licence file downloaded by moviestorm and saved in your user directory, for example, for me it is in:
C:\Documents and Settings\Ben Sanders\MovieStorm\.licenses )

Check that the files exist in
Moviestorm-Beta-2\AddOn\MaleCostumes01\Data\Puppets\Male01\Hair\Wig_M01_Romeo
[Which should contain a CRF file and 3 CMF files, and a textures subdirectory with 3 textures].

Let us know if any of those help please.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#5 CPT Destroyer

CPT Destroyer

Master Director

• Banned
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:13 PM

That's weird- I don't have the male costumes 01 or the female on either in the actual game file under addons. Could that be because Moviestorm is installed on an external hard drive, and maybe the installer couldn't detect it? Is there a .zip file available for the downloads, so I can put them in the file myself? What's also weird is that everything else shows, except for the few I told you about. And all of the female stuff works fine. I think I might move Moviestorm to my internal hard drive to see if that works.

#6 CPT Destroyer

CPT Destroyer

Master Director

• Banned
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:24 PM

Very odd- I checked my internal hard drive, and apparently the content installer made its own Moviestorm directory there, with the file. I'm moving the files to the correct directory. I'll let you know if it works. Perhaps in the future for the downloads you could add a browse for directory button to the downloads? Unless there is one, and I'm too stupid to see it. laugh.gif

#7 CPT Destroyer

CPT Destroyer

Master Director

• Banned
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

I moved the file and it worked. biggrin.gif But the weird thing is, the things from the content pack that worked before, are now doubled. I have two sets of the new heads (for both genders), and two sets of other things (but not all.) Apparently, the reason that I thought the female pack worked was because nothing did that. Well, now that I moved the female pack to the right directory, I can now see the Juliet hair and the pullover and jeans clothes. Everything works fine now, thanks.

#8 Dick Swayze

Dick Swayze

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

Cheers Cpt given us some things to address for the next set of content packs

Thanks
D