29 replies to this topic

#1 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:30 PM

Hi folks,
Just a very quick post to let you all know that we have a new pack in the Marketplace called 1AD. It's basically a middle eastern themed pack with basic buildings, robes for the male and female characters and some useful props including a withered tree, some market stalls and crates & boxes.
We've been having a lot of fun with this pack during testing, creating such scenes as:
• Certain Python-esque comedy sketches involving bartering over a beard.
• Films based in the desert (the scarf from the Criminals Pack is perfect for keeping the sand out)
• Dwellers on binary system planets, and their adventures in droid trading.
Alex has put together a lovely little movie promoting the pack that you can see on the content pack's page, that you can view by following this LINK.
Also, look out for more matching 1AD costumes and buildings in a complementary Moddingstorm Pack coming soon (not to mention all the other content that is available by following our users' links in the "Third Party Mods" section of the Marketplace).
We all hope you get a lot of use out of this pack, and we can't wait to see your movies!
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

Fantastic. Going to get this one right now.

#3 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Jun 16 2011, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi folks,
Just a very quick post to let you all know that we have a new pack in the Marketplace called 1AD. It's basically a middle eastern themed pack with basic buildings, robes for the male and female characters and some useful props including a withered tree, some market stalls and crates & boxes.
We've been having a lot of fun with this pack during testing, creating such scenes as:
• Certain Python-esque comedy sketches involving bartering over a beard.
• Films based in the desert (the scarf from the Criminals Pack is perfect for keeping the sand out)
• Dwellers on binary system planets, and their adventures in droid trading.
Alex has put together a lovely little movie promoting the pack that you can see on the content pack's page, that you can view by following this LINK.
Also, look out for more matching 1AD costumes and buildings in a complementary Moddingstorm Pack coming soon (not to mention all the other content that is available by following our users' links in the "Third Party Mods" section of the Marketplace).
We all hope you get a lot of use out of this pack, and we can't wait to see your movies!

Is the ability to climb a hill included in this pack? The promo vid opens with that. I didn't realize we could even construct hills (without doing something in modder's workshop)!

rgr

#4 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

There may have been some clever tricks performed by Alex to get the character to climb the hill, and I'll bet navmeshes were used!
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#5 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3273 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:08 PM

Really pleased to see this, and nice that more complementary content planned as well.

#6 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

(deleted duplicate post)

#7 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

What a cool pack! This'll also be great for doing art fairs or outdoor music festivals.

Very delighted to hear there'll be more 1AD packs. Now that we have a fig tree, we need a withered one.

QUOTE (rgr @ Jun 16 2011, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the ability to climb a hill included in this pack? The promo vid opens with that. I didn't realize we could even construct hills (without doing something in modder's workshop)!

rgr

I believe a modder made a staircase that is or can be made invisible. A little hunting might turn it up.

#8 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1143 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (willshetterly @ Jun 16 2011, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe a modder made a staircase that is or can be made invisible. A little hunting might turn it up.

Kv´s stairs

#9 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

this is a great set and a bargain at just 500msp. I can see lots of uses for this

forumsig.png

#10 squirrelygirl

squirrelygirl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1910 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

Thanks for this pack! Great job one and all who contributed! I haven't had time to mess with it yet (I bought it the second I saw it was out), but I'm guessing that the pots and such aren't hand held? If not is there a possibility of getting a hand held set in the future?

modsnmore_logo.jpg

#11 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

As Amos said, a 1AD Extra pack will be available soon (just as soon as I can fix a skin alpha bug!)
and it looks a bit like this:

4 more costumes, headwear, houses, steps, tower, etc etc etc
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#12 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (squirrelygirl @ Jun 16 2011, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for this pack! Great job one and all who contributed! I haven't had time to mess with it yet (I bought it the second I saw it was out), but I'm guessing that the pots and such aren't hand held? If not is there a possibility of getting a hand held set in the future?

Carrying a pot on the head would also be great. Hey, it's just a big, heavy hat, right?

#13 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5257 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

Such a relief to see some more official content appear. And it is as good as ever. Thanks folks.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#14 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

The recent question about long hair for men reminded me: To do 1 AD properly, we need long hair for men. That was the style for Jewish holy men, called nazirs, who took a vow not to cut their hair. Most people in the Roman Empire had Roman-style short hair, but many did not. Maybe holy man hair could be in the next pack?

#15 Robear

Robear

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:27 AM

Well done!

Thanks, guys.

#16 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3273 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:21 AM

That looks great Chris!

#17 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:36 AM

Why cant I use MS Points to psy for this pack? Why is Pay Pall check out only option I have 3500! point I and want to use them not pay $9 pay pall, Thats up with that?

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#18 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (PapaG @ Jun 19 2011, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why cant I use MS Points to psy for this pack? Why is Pay Pall check out only option I have 3500! point I and want to use them not pay $9 pay pall, Thats up with that?

I paid with points without any issues.

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#19 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5257 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (corthew @ Jun 20 2011, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I paid with points without any issues.

Me too.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#20 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (PapaG @ Jun 20 2011, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why cant I use MS Points to psy for this pack?

are you talking about the official pack which id 500 points or chris`s pack which is £10

forumsig.png