Photo

Contest: Make the official video for I Fight Dragons next release!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for the reports I have tested it as well and the address is broken so have no worries as its not just you.
Unfortunatley we dont moderate that email address its another company so we cant fix it.
BUT however, we have informed them that its broken and will hopefully see it fixed ASAP. If they let us know that they have fixed it we will be sure to let you know as soon as we do.

So your efforts will not go to waste.
The Moviestorm Team

#22 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Moviestorm @ Dec 7 2011, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they let us know that they have fixed it we will be sure to let you know as soon as we do.

I've just spoken to the guys at CoS, and they tell me you should now be able to send your entries to ifdcontest@gmail.com

Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#23 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:56 PM

oh yay let me try again now hehe

was watching it bounce back for two days. I ignored it the first day thought maybe the box was full or something second day got a bit puzzled blink.gif

#24 steve3416

steve3416

Director

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

Hey Everybody

I just uploaded my video for the IFD Contest.
It is on my Vimeo page if anyone wants to watch it.
I agree with the Moviestorm staff....I have listened to the song over and over (originally trying to figure out the lyrics but I see now that someone found and posted them) and I love the song and after checking out the rest of their live performances...I am a fan of I Fight Dragons.

IFD Contest Music Video link

I had a great time making this video. It was a little less stressful and more fun to do because I didn't have to worry about creating a soundtrack or adding sound fx.

Logan Payne

#25 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:26 PM

I guess I should stick mine here too. I tend to hide my stuff because I always kinda dont like what I make ... for some reason

anyhow I did like steve before I started I researched the group and tried to find out what they were about and by the end I found a new group to add to my repertoire even though my demographics kind of dont fit (47 years "old prudish bag" lol )

I could not upload mine to vimeo it exceeded the limit but my youtube account has everthing enabled so here is mine..

(I have finally found some software that stretches the limit of my computer and I am in need of a larger graphics card it seems because my quad core i7 with 8 gigs churns with this software and I am constantly shutting it down and restarting it all. smile.gif )

edit : I probably disqualified myself with some of the things that I did, but I didnt enter the contest to win I entered because it sounded fun hehe.

#26 Melopee

Melopee

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

I'll even post my entry here. I had really a great time making this video and I really love the music. I hope that Moviestorm organized more such competitions in the future.

IFD Contest

#27 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:02 AM

replied to an old message on the previous page.smile.gif

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#28 blackrook

blackrook

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:30 AM

Nothing like getting a project done at the last minute. Whoo hoo, too much fun. Hey folks, figured I'd hop on the band wagon and post my submission. Good luck to all of you smile.gif

#29 162

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:30 AM

Here's mine! Fresh off the press!

Let's do it last-minuters! You can do it! I'll be your personal cheerleader!

(Break a leg all, by the way. Bad luck to say the other thing.)

#30 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (162 @ Dec 22 2011, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's mine! Fresh off the press!

Let's do it last-minuters! You can do it! I'll be your personal cheerleader!

(Break a leg all, by the way. Bad luck to say the other thing.)

haha glad to see a few more entries

Now I have to watch them all smile.gif

#31 steve3416

steve3416

Director

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

Hey Everybody

Has anyone been checking out the contest entries? It looks like there were 5 entries total ( 4 on Youtube and 1 on Vimeo). Did anyone see anymore elsewhere? I typed in IFD Contest in the search bar on these sites and that was all that pulled up.

#32 blackrook

blackrook

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

Heya,

I only saw the 5 of us also. Wasn't able to locate any other submissons. Well, I wish everyone the best! Definitely a fun project, a very enjoyable contest and great contestants. *High Fives* everyone tongue.gif

JXN

#33 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (blackrook @ Dec 22 2011, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heya,

I only saw the 5 of us also. Wasn't able to locate any other submissons. Well, I wish everyone the best! Definitely a fun project, a very enjoyable contest and great contestants. *High Fives* everyone tongue.gif

JXN

hehe I am hoping/thinking there might be other entries but unsure .

In any event I am low on funds and would welcome the rest of the content although I would have purchased the other bits eventually as I learn more and more about moviestorm

I watched all the videos and liked them all some of the things I would never have even thought of so its nice to see what others imagine/create from the same piece of information (in this case a song) .

#34 blackrook

blackrook

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

I couldn't agree with you more. One of my biggest thrills of entering a contest is seeing individual creative ideas from all the contestants. I always see elements of artists compositions that never occured to me...individual ideas. This contest was no exception. smile.gif

#35 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

well in my wanderings around youtube while waiting for the reheated turkey to well reheat again..

I found this

its blank

So I guess they are getting ready to decide soon

(I am sure there are other entries just they are unlisted and dont come up on the search engines, but I could be wrong.. )

#36 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (urbanlamb @ Jan 1 2012, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well in my wanderings around youtube while waiting for the reheated turkey to well reheat again..

I found this

its blank

So I guess they are getting ready to decide soon

(I am sure there are other entries just they are unlisted and dont come up on the search engines, but I could be wrong.. )

The band have picked the winner in the Consequence of Sound contest to create the next I Fight Dragons official video. They'll announce their choice in January.

Here's what lead vocalist Brian Mazzaferri had to say: "I think there's something great about each of these even if they obviously are very different in overall finished-product quality. [The winning entry is] creative and unique and seems to use the tools in really cool ways."
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#37 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

haha well i know i didnt win but I am a moviestorm newbie I think i did well considering. It was a fun exercise and I liked the band and their message.

#38 162

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

I think you did pretty good for a "newbie!" (I really don't like that word...)

I like your optimism! Here's to kick-ass videos from you in the future!

#39 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

I just came to post a thanks. I can't type for a couple of days due to an injury so am staying off boards but I thought I would post a thanks with my one hand plonking one letter at a time. The contest was fun and I liked my prize thanks to the sponsors (all of them) for the fun contest biggrin.gif

#40 Melopee

Melopee

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 266 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

I also wish to thank everyone for the great contest and nice prize.
In any case, congratulations to all participants and the winner wink.gif

By the way, who is actually the winner of this contest? Which Moviestorm movie was chosen as the official IFD video? blink.gif