78 replies to this topic

#61 Reggie MetalFox

Reggie MetalFox

Film Critic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for your help both of you.

Unfortunately, even with installing the HuffYUV codec, it still doesn't work. Having Windows 7 (64 bits), I have installed the compatible HuffYUV codec first. No changes.
Then I have installed other versions of the HuffYUV codec (including 32 bits), without success too.
Don't know what to do, hope to find someday ^^.
Red (french MS Machinima) : Red (version courte)

#62 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Reggie MetalFox @ Dec 15 2011, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your help both of you.

Unfortunately, even with installing the HuffYUV codec, it still doesn't work. Having Windows 7 (64 bits), I have installed the compatible HuffYUV codec first. No changes.
Then I have installed other versions of the HuffYUV codec (including 32 bits), without success too.

I am surprised it would not import into Sony vegas. However, I have Sony Vegas pro 8 and maybe it is compatible with Huffy and Pro 9 isn't. I also have Windows 7 and a 64 bit computer, but I run my Sony Vegas 8 on my old computer which has Windows XP. As far as I know I have not installed any codecs but I have so many video graphics programs that they could have installed them.

#63 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

About the terrain editor sliders:
I suspect strength is how fast it applies the paint out from the center and hardness is how gradual the falloff is from the edges but I'll check it more later.

Yes, that is the idea. Note also that turning the radius down too much can stop anything noticable from happening with some of the buttons (flatten and smooth, in particular - they use averages over an area).

With regards to the undo - each function in Moviestorm requires it's own undo function. It appears very easy for some of them not to have them. Will pass on the desire for undo for terrain editing.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#64 equinoxx

equinoxx

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 916 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Reggie MetalFox) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As rgr stated, the main issue is that Vegas relies on the VfW (Video for Windows) configuration to make use of the codecs installed on your system, and just installing Huff doesn't enable it by default. The K-Lite codec pack includes a VfW configuration tool. In current builds, you should be able to find it on the Start menu (All Programs) under K-Lite Codec Pack > Configuration > ffdshow VfW Interface (in older builds, it may be K-Lite Codec Pack > Configuration > ffdshow > VfW configuration). Open the tool, select the Decoder tab, click Codecs, then scroll down in the right-hand pane until you come across HuffYUV; if the status in the Decoder column is disabled, click the status and select libavcodec from the dropdown, then click Apply.

Attached File  VfWconfig.jpg   123.21KB   26 downloads

It may not be necessary to reboot for Vegas to recognize the change, but it's a good idea.
David "equinoxx" Anderson
http://www.veoh.com/...els/equinoxxent

#65 Reggie MetalFox

Reggie MetalFox

Film Critic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

Thank you so much equinoxx !!! It works now wink.gif .

Some guys of the french MovieStorm community had the same problem too, I'm gonna copy/paste your message in order to let them know how to do wink.gif . I owe you one tongue.gif .
Red (french MS Machinima) : Red (version courte)

#66 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (equinoxx @ Dec 15 2011, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As rgr stated, the main issue is that Vegas relies on the VfW (Video for Windows) configuration to make use of the codecs installed on your system, and just installing Huff doesn't enable it by default. The K-Lite codec pack includes a VfW configuration tool. In current builds, you should be able to find it on the Start menu (All Programs) under K-Lite Codec Pack > Configuration > ffdshow VfW Interface (in older builds, it may be K-Lite Codec Pack > Configuration > ffdshow > VfW configuration). Open the tool, select the Decoder tab, click Codecs, then scroll down in the right-hand pane until you come across HuffYUV; if the status in the Decoder column is disabled, click the status and select libavcodec from the dropdown, then click Apply.

Attached File  VfWconfig.jpg   123.21KB   26 downloads

It may not be necessary to reboot for Vegas to recognize the change, but it's a good idea.

Can you post this in the thread I started about importing 1.5 videos into Sony Vegas pro? Or i can just copy your information and post it if you do not mind.

http://www.moviestor...p...c=12147&hl=

I don't know why I had no problems using the Huffy codec in Sony Vegas Pro as i did not install any codecs but i have a lot of graphics and video programs and the codecs could have been installed when I installed the programs.

#67 juancardenes

juancardenes

Film Critic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:43 PM

I really like the new version. Just one question, how to use the test to speech feature and if only have one robotic voice ?

#68 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Dec 15 2011, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With regards to the undo - each function in Moviestorm requires it's own undo function. It appears very easy for some of them not to have them. Will pass on the desire for undo for terrain editing.

If its for some reason impractical to implement it for the terrain editor or if it will be some time before that can be done, could they at least lock it for the Set Workshop while in terrain edit mode? If I accidentally do a CTRL Z the undo function acts on changes I've made to the set from before I started editing the terrain.
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#69 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:20 AM

You should still be able to use redo to redo the change you were undoing that are nothing to do with the terrain.
The undo queue is reset whenever you change views - if you are that prone to using undo accidentally, I would sugest changing to the directors view and back before editing the terrain.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#70 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (juancardenes @ Dec 15 2011, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really like the new version. Just one question, how to use the test to speech feature and if only have one robotic voice ?

The Text to speech is pretty straight forward. Just type your text in the text box and hit the text to speech button, then click "Ok". When you playback the timeline you will hear the voice. Yes, there is only one voice at the moment.

Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#71 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Dec 16 2011, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you are that prone to using undo accidentally, I would sugest changing to the directors view and back before editing the terrain.

Oh absolutely. CTRL Z has become a reflex action. I don't even think about it. When I make a mistake my hand goes there instinctively.

Changing views sounds like the best solution for now. Undo would still be nice for the terrain editor of course.

Nice detailed map and then you accidentally bump up the size of the brush and have to start over.smile.gif

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#72 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:48 AM

way cool I have been waiting for this for so Long! Now Where are the Swords?
it was just waiting for code right? you included the appropriate code in this up date right?
It's coming soon and I have it by Christmas Right?
I am exited i probably over looked it I should chek

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#73 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:57 AM

nope Just checked sad.gif . (big Heavy) *Sigh* sad.gif not even on modding storm. no new activity there either, again *sigh* sad.gif , a cool new terrain editor biggrin.gif but No sword sad.gif
rain on my Parade

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#74 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

Swords are coming very soon. Our efforts have been taken up recently with the testing for 1.5, but now that's released we can make the final tweaks to the swords pack and get on the site as soon as humanly possible.
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#75 mng

mng

Film Critic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Dec 19 2011, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Swords are coming very soon. Our efforts have been taken up recently with the testing for 1.5, but now that's released we can make the final tweaks to the swords pack and get on the site as soon as humanly possible.

Well I for one am very much looking forward to all the stuff that is out. My only wish is more costumes. I think if there are some royalty medieval costumes, it would help the storyline. The other type of costumes which has been frequently echoed by others are fat and thin costumes. This time would be interested in more contemporary clothing. i.e.)formal and casual modern dress for men and women.

Wonder what is in line for Moviestorm in 2012?

And Merry Christmas everyone!

#76 mng

mng

Film Critic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

Well I for one am very much looking forward to all the stuff that is out. My only wish is more costumes. I think if there are some royalty medieval costumes, it would help the storyline. The other type of costumes which has been frequently echoed by others are fat and thin costumes. This time would be interested in more contemporary clothing. i.e.)formal and casual modern dress for men and women.

Wonder what is in line for Moviestorm in 2012?

#77 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (mng @ Dec 24 2011, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Merry Xmas twice back atcha.smile.gif

I'm guessing the site lagged and you thought it wasn't going to post it so you clicked it a second time. wink.gif

Happens.smile.gif

#78 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

HIP-HIP-HORAY! I love you guys your the best! So looking forward to it! Then I will re-mod my existing swords mod to work with the new addon. Muhhahahahaha!

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#79 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

oops Dubble post

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg