• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

As promised at the end of last week, the latest version of Moviestorm is now live!
To update, please wait for the launcher to display the patch notes and then click the "Update" button to patch both Moviestorm and your content.
Please see the release notes pages on our website for the list of improvements and changes, and please remember that you can contact our support team at http://support.moviestorm.co.uk where we always try to respond within 24 hours.
Enjoy the patch, and happy Moviestorming!
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#2 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

That shadows look good. I tested them on my biggest set.smile.gif

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

Some of the particles aren't working, like the explosion. I tested it in the set workshop and it worked fine but on the set it doesn't work. The oil drums with fire work fine.

#4 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:38 AM

...just a brief look, but the shadows look great- I've had them turned off for the longest time. Thanks!
The next big thing: MOVIESTORM!

See my most recent movie: "Athena Project: Chapter 2 (Down the Rabbit-hole)"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102329

(Soon, "Athena Project 3: The Laws Of Robotics"

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#5 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Feb 27 2012, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of the particles aren't working, like the explosion. I tested it in the set workshop and it worked fine but on the set it doesn't work. The oil drums with fire work fine.

I'm not managing to reproduce this; they seem to work fine for me. If you start a new movie, add the special effect explosion, and then try it in the set workshop, then in the directors view, does it fail?
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#6 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Feb 28 2012, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not managing to reproduce this; they seem to work fine for me. If you start a new movie, add the special effect explosion, and then try it in the set workshop, then in the directors view, does it fail?

Yes it does not work in the director's view and when I go to camera, you can't even see the prop at all.

#7 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

I just did a quick test and its not working for me either.

It places a black circle with a black exclamation mark in it on the timeline.

I only tested the explosion.

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#8 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (corthew @ Feb 28 2012, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just did a quick test and its not working for me either.

It places a black circle with a black exclamation mark in it on the timeline.

I only tested the explosion.

That is exactly what I got too.

I just tested all of them and the two that do not work are the Explosion and the Rocket. They show up fine in the set workshop but no effect in director view or on camera. All the others work fine though.

#9 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3273 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Stunning, I love it!

#10 Reacher

Reacher

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 307 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

I did a quick test also and explosion and rocket both worked for me with 1.5.2, both the test in the workshop, right click and trigger in director's view and playback in camera view.

I did notice that you can't scrub and see the effects, but have to play (and play from the beginning, but that may just be because my test was so short). Don't remember if you could do that prior.

-- Reacher

#11 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Reacher @ Feb 28 2012, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did a quick test also and explosion and rocket both worked for me with 1.5.2, both the test in the workshop, right click and trigger in director's view and playback in camera view.

I did notice that you can't scrub and see the effects, but have to play (and play from the beginning, but that may just be because my test was so short). Don't remember if you could do that prior.

-- Reacher

I wonder why it doesn't work for me. I guess I could try reinstalling the addon and see if that fixes it.

Reinstalled the Specialeffects addon and it still does not work.

#12 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (Reacher @ Feb 28 2012, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-- Reacher

The explosion and the rocket (and flash) only work when playing; it's been like that for a while. Aparently it would take a lot of memory to be able to scrub particle effects on the timeline.

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Feb 28 2012, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder why it doesn't work for me. I guess I could try reinstalling the addon and see if that fixes it.

Reinstalled the Specialeffects addon and it still does not work.

Please could you do the earlier test (start a new movie, place the explosion, try to trigger it in the directors view, play back), and then provide the log.txt for me please Lucinda?
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#13 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Feb 28 2012, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The explosion and the rocket (and flash) only work when playing; it's been like that for a while. Aparently it would take a lot of memory to be able to scrub particle effects on the timeline.

Please could you do the earlier test (start a new movie, place the explosion, try to trigger it in the directors view, play back), and then provide the log.txt for me please Lucinda?

Sure I will do that as soon as I am finished with this model that is finishing in the Modders Workshop. The set is pretty low poly so I don't think it is a memory problem.

#14 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

Okay I tried it again on an empty set with only one puppet. Same problem and this is the message I get:

Active object lost focus

Special Effect Explosion. A prop with activities on this timeline has lost focus. You can see the timeline for that prop again by right-clicking it in director's view.

I am attaching the Log Text and the Error Log Text however, this error log text is from 8:20 AM this morning when I tried it at first and there haven't been any error logs since then.

Attached Files

#15 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

The crash log is showing a crash with your ATI driver; it might be worth getting the latest driver from the ATI driver site: http://support.amd.c...ages/index.aspx

Otherwise I'm not seeing anything useful in the log; what is actually visible when the explosion should be going off?
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#16 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Feb 29 2012, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Otherwise I'm not seeing anything useful in the log; what is actually visible when the explosion should be going off?

Didn't the explosion use to work when you dragged the timeline marker across it?

I just played it and its working fine.

#17 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Feb 29 2012, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The crash log is showing a crash with your ATI driver; it might be worth getting the latest driver from the ATI driver site: http://support.amd.c...ages/index.aspx

Installed the latest driver and it now works perfectly in the set directors view and on camera. Thanks a lot. My screen colors look better too.

#18 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Feb 29 2012, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Installed the latest driver and it now works perfectly in the set directors view and on camera. Thanks a lot. My screen colors look better too.

That fixed the explosion then? Great!
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#19 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Feb 29 2012, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That fixed the explosion then? Great!

Sure did, and the driver was from July of last year and I am sure I looked for new drivers since last summer but didn't see any for my graphics card so that was a good site that you gave me the link for as it automatically found the driver and installed it.

#20 ehughes

ehughes

Master Director

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

please please pleas can we have animations that allow hair to move and sway? i think that is all that moviestorm needs to feel complete. Oh and an option to add a little bit of a bounce to the characters when they are walking smile.gif