Photo

Login method for multiple concurrent licenses (educational)?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spoon

spoon

Film Critic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

Greetings,

Can one of the admins at Moviestorm please answer the following question:

The university I work for plans to purchase several annual multiple concurrent licenses of Moviestorm for a computer lab. How would the individual users log in to use the software? Would each user have to have a unique account with Moviestorm to log in, or would there only be one master username/password that each student would use to login?

Thanks for your help!
Jeff

(I emailed the sales team the same question, but thought I would port here as well - hoping for a quick reply)

#2 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

The way it would work is that you would get a licence file that would be installed with the installation. Students would then start the installation, and an automatic login (based on your site licence file) would happen. This needs an internet connection each time Moviestorm is started.
It allows us to monitor the concurrent usage for the site - licenses are for a certain number of users being able to use Moviestorm at the same time.

It is also possible (I think) to buy additional home use licenses in combination with the site licence. These provide a set number of codes that can be used by students to create individual Moviestorm licenses.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#3 spoon

spoon

Film Critic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Thanks very much for your quick forum and email replies.

QUOTE (spoon @ Aug 27 2012, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Greetings,

Can one of the admins at Moviestorm please answer the following question:

The university I work for plans to purchase several annual multiple concurrent licenses of Moviestorm for a computer lab. How would the individual users log in to use the software? Would each user have to have a unique account with Moviestorm to log in, or would there only be one master username/password that each student would use to login?

Thanks for your help!
Jeff

(I emailed the sales team the same question, but thought I would port here as well - hoping for a quick reply)