• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

Just trying to get my head around animation events, mostly where to place them, and could do with some clarification of what they do and where to put them.

From looking at the animations for the guns it looks like:

'Sound' events are placed in both the characters animation state and the props animation state

'Prop Appear' and 'Prop Disapear' are only placed in the characters animation state

Also, what does 'Detach Held Prop' actually do, and again where should it be placed, in the characters animation state, the props or both..?

#2 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (daleh @ Jul 4 2011, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just trying to get my head around animation events, mostly where to place them, and could do with some clarification of what they do and where to put them.

From looking at the animations for the guns it looks like:

'Sound' events are placed in both the characters animation state and the props animation state

Sounds reasonable - they trigger an audio file when the animation gets that far through. Note - the time might be in seconds, or it might be as a proportion of the way through the animation; it is best to experiment to find out which.

'Prop Appear' and 'Prop Disapear' are only placed in the characters animation state

These are used specifically for held props; they set a time through the animation where the held prop should either appear or vanish; if they are not set, I think the prop appears at the start or vanishes at the end.
Possibly should only be applied to animations that begin or end in NEUTRAL.

Also, what does 'Detach Held Prop' actually do, and again where should it be placed, in the characters animation state, the props or both..?

Detach held prop initially was supposed to be for stuff like putting down a briefcase, so your character could walk away. It didnt work well, and is not currently used for anything as far as I know. I would recomend not using it.
As I recall, the problems might have been the sort that affected being able load/save the movie, or going to cutting room and back, after using this - it may not be beneficial to do lots of experimentation with it.

Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#3 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:36 PM

Thanks Ben, will leave the detach prop well alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users