I've created the model and imported it into Movestorm to make sure it appears. That was fine, so I went back and started rigging the costume to the skeleton properly.
I started with the torso, exported to Cal3d, imported that into Moviestorm to test and it was fine. Moved on to the arms, again that was fine.
Finally the legs and that didn't work so well. When trying to export the mesh to Cal3d, I get to the bone assignment screen, change the max number of bones per vertex to 4 (I've tried lowering it, no difference to what happens next) and it just crashes. I looked at the Cal3D site and all they have to offer is.
Usually this is a result of having things selected that you shouldn't have. There can also be crashes caused by mis-named materials or failing to collapse the modifer stack before exporting.
It appears to be the leg bones that are the problem, as soon as I assign the verticies to a bone higher up the body, it's exports perfectly again.