34 replies to this topic

#1 ricscar

ricscar

Novice director

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:39 AM

Hi to all,

it's a very very long time since I heard news about Moviestorm: development news, release news, anything that

could testify that the staff it's actually caring about it. At the moment there's only this forum .. that's not bad at all

but it's really not enough to keep on renewing my license.

So I will ask the same question to all the forumers and the staff memnbers: any news that could lead me to keep

my hopes high about this software ?

#2 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:08 PM

The software is good, I bought and I do not regret this, as well as paid by several mods of the modders that there is in the forum, but many people are gone, administrators have gone, only primaveranz is willing to help you if you need it. If you request voiceover actors, no one answers. If you request mods, nor responds anyone. Only one or two people are willing to help, everything else has become a business.  Deplorable.

I have several points accumulated (I paid for them) and I do not know how to use them because this program is not updated. I feel like a boat to drift and honestly, this behavior seems to me to be a great lack of respect toward the users (clients)

I am in other forums of another type of machinima and users collaborate in full without pay or charge for it, they are always ready to help you. But yes, the software is good.
Greetings.

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#3 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:22 PM

I say it's a fair question I haven't seen or heard anyone from movie storm staff for ages either. Me it's hard to actively produce stuff for a program that has advanced very little in the last few years

I mean come on they haven't even updated the features movie page in like three years all movies being featured on the site are over three years old

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:03 AM

Well since Ben doesn't appear to have posted anything since February this year, I suspect we are indeed on our own.

However I remember years ago, the MS staff said that if they every went belly-up they would release the code as open-source software. I think it is getting near time for that to happen if they can't provide any further support.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#5 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:18 AM

I am almost Surprised that Lucinda has been so inactive She use to be the first person to respond to any post!

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#6 ricscar

ricscar

Novice director

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:34 PM

I hope the open source turn will happen. And I admit that my thread was aiming precisely in that direction.

I wonder how many years will take to get there ? I'm definetely not renewing my license next year :(

I'm a java developer myself and I would try to fix something to make MS more productive for me.

Is there anyone reading these forums who knows better about the future of MS  ?

Tx!

Well since Ben doesn't appear to have posted anything since February this year, I suspect we are indeed on our own.

However I remember years ago, the MS staff said that if they every went belly-up they would release the code as open-source software. I think it is getting near time for that to happen if they can't provide any further support.

#7 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:41 PM

has any one tried sending Ben or Matt a MP?

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#8 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:28 PM

Matt left ShortFuze several years ago.

#9 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:53 AM

I no longer renew my subscription either. Moviestorm refuses to update content. Especially wardrobes. I check out the forum now and then. Send folks badly needed mods and that's all. I currently use iClone, Poser, and DAZ. Hard to learn, expensive, but worth the investment. Can't post :(  :( here either. No HD uploads. I hope things improve.

My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"

#10 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:45 AM

Hello everyone

I apologise that we are late to this thread, and thank those who contacted me personally.
Just to reassure everyone, Moviestorm continues, and will continue to continue ... FYI, we are involved in another project for the next 3 years researching and developing a film previs tool alongside a consortium of excellent companies and people throughout Europe, which is very exciting.
These projects are essential to us, and offer a fantastic opportunity to develop our IP.
For many years, Moviestorm has survived though the generosity of a number of enthusiastic part time staff, and that shall continue. If there are holes in our service, that is not intentional, just that the demands often outweigh the resource. We will do what we can to support the new and existing users, and to do better monitoring the forums, and we of course encourage you all as part of the community to also continue to work as a community in support of your fellow enthusiasts. You efforts are always greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your support,
Andrew
The Moviestorm Team

#11 ricscar

ricscar

Novice director

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:15 PM

Not a great answer .. but definetely an answer :-)

Better this than nothing.

#12 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1143 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:27 PM

I love you, Moviestorm :wub:

#13 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:29 AM

It would be a sad day if there were MS no more!!! :(

I have dedicated a lot of time and personal development in MS and have had fun doing it...

It is disappointing to see the same old posts over and over :wacko:

Hopefully this will improve with a little external injection from prospective companies.

In the mean time I will continue and hope others do...

I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--

#14 aroundworld

aroundworld

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 877 posts
  • Interests:Film - writing - directing - aviation - traveling - machinema - reading - acting -

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:47 AM

I love you too, MOVIESTORM!

There is no try, only do or do not.

Learn story telling in the MOVIESTORM education forum. 

START HERE:  http://www.moviestor...showtopic=13153

#15 pumeco

pumeco

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:10 PM

I'm not a Moviestorm user.

I tried the Demo and loved it to bits, but ultimately didn't buy it due to the uncertainty of it's future.  Finally, it was nice to come across at least a sign of life in this thread, and personally, I really hope that both development and interest in Moviestorm picks up in the future.

As a side note, I just wanted to point out that you're doing yourselves no favours by having a website that depends on Flash to show videos.  It just makes you look outdated, sends the wrong message, and it stops people being able to view the Moviestorm works that are being posted by the talented filmmakers you have using your product.  That's a shame cause it's the movies people make that will ultimately sell Moviestorm and encourage other users onboard.  Fact is though, the only movie I can view on this website is the official introduction movie.

I haven't been able to watch a single Moviestorm movie on this website because each page uses a crappy Flash player instead of a modern HTML5 player.

It might not sound like a big deal, but like I said, it gives the impression you're either lazy, don't care, or just massively behind the times.  Updating the users Movie pages to use a modern HTML5 player would make a difference, because at last, people visiting the site with an interest in Moviestorm, will actually be able to watch the movies that will ultimately sell the product.  They don't want to be met with blank placeholders where the movie should be.

Anyway, I wish the Moviestorm team all the best in their project, and hope that it fuels a Moviestorm revival.

But for now, please at least update the website embedded player to HTML5, this one, which everyone can use without a plugin and even allows users to right-click and save the movie to disk!
http://www.w3schools...html5_video.asp

#16 artpen

artpen

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Movies, animation, Art

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:27 PM

Hey guys, I just bought moviestorm, busy learning it, watch out for my stuff coming soon! Moviestorm is here to stay, its the perfect moviemaking software in a box 😊 love it!!!

#17 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:11 PM

Hey guys, I just bought moviestorm, busy learning it, watch out for my stuff coming soon!

Welcome to the club.

Moviestorm is here to stay

Let's hope for the best.

its the perfect moviemaking software in a box 😊 love it!!!

Maybe not the best, for sure not the most powerful and capable; but quite easy to grasp and get into, and surprisingly fun to use. Love it too.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#18 artpen

artpen

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:14 PM

Thanks jamoram62, yeah I think moviestorm will continue.
I was going to get Iclone which is much more powerful but with the content which you need to get started with plus the price of content, I decided for moviestorm because it has everything you need to tell your stories from startup.
I think I can do some creative stuff with the puppets and their animations moviestorm provides, will have to learn modding though 😁...
I just like the simplicity of moviestorm, that is why I chose it.
Coming from Muvizu I'd like a new challenge so I'm happy to be here and keep movistorm strong, with hopefully interesting videos.

artpen

#19 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:18 PM

Welcome aboard Artpen!
If you look around at the range of genres of movies made here over the years from Horror to Sci-Fi and Comedy to Opera it just confirms that, if you are innovative enough you can do a hell of a lot with Moviestorm.
It can be a pain getting props into the software but once you've done it a few times it gets easier.
And creating your own animations for the puppets is possible too, but it is pretty involved.
On the plus side getting a puppet to walk from point A to point B and following it with a camera or two are a hell of a lot easier than in Muvizu and at least you are not stuck making "Funnies" all the time ;)
I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Cheers!

#20 artpen

artpen

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:56 PM

Thanks primaveranz, glad to be on aboard, yeah, making animations and props sounds like a task, can you use Blender to make the animations?

art