3 replies to this topic

#1 DylanFree

DylanFree

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

:) Hello there everybody!

Okay. I know that it has been awhile. ButI'm going to ask for some help here with something unusual. And here it is...

Started my online computer animation course and am in my third month of prerequisite courses at FullSail U. So I have some questions for everyone here. And here they are...

1) Why did you decide to start making films?

2) What was your first experience with filmmaking like?

3) What is your main genre {example, SciFi, Fantasy, Crime Drama etc etc, btw I don't really have a set genre and am all over the place in that regard}?

4 How long have you been making films {officially}?

I'm taking a prerequisite course right now called TEMI {that's Technology in the Entertainment and Media Industries}. So I'm asking as part of a class assignment. But I'm also genuinely interested too.

Get back to me on this please,

Thank you!

Dylan :)

#2 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:54 AM

Hello,

My first foray into film making was in 2006 when I ordered the video game from LionHead Software called The Movies and I also ordered the expansion pack, Stunts and Effects, made a few videos over the years.  I heard about Moviestom in 2007 and fooled around with it, didn't make my first video until 2010.

I wanted to make my own films for years but never had the money to do it. 

My first experience with filmmaking was cool.

I've experimented with several genres but comedy seems to be my forte. 

I've been doing short films since 2006, but it's been off and on for me since 2006.

#3 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:27 PM

I do love cinema, not just watching movies. I mean cinema; I'm fascinated with it as an artistic media. So I've always longed for making my own movies and telling stories, but not having the time, nor the money or whatever else required to make the real thing, I turned to Machinima instead.

A complete letdown. For my first try of making anything deserving the name of movie I used 'The Movies' film making elementary capabilities, back in 2006-2007, and I was utterly disappointed by the experience.

3) What is your main genre {example, SciFi, Fantasy, Crime Drama etc etc, btw I don't really have a set genre and am all over the place in that regard}?

I'm a huge buff of SciFi and Fantasy, and film noir is other of my top choices, though I do love cinema as a whole, so I won't turn down a good movie, whatever its genre.

Officially, never thus far. Though I've been trying to get finished something worthy enough for being released to the public for the last three years or so. I still keep trying.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#4 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 655 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:19 PM

a) Picked up a game called The Movies and the bug hit me.

a) Kind of fun.   Something new.

a) Although I have done comedy, romance and drama, I tend to stick with drama and tribute films.

a) Since November 2005 when The Movies was released.

The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.