• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gent23mj

gent23mj

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:27 PM

Hi, I am new to the software and new to the forums.  I tried to look around to see if there was anything I could find, but wasn't able to.  I wanted to see if anyone knew if there were any medieval/desert type mods made and where to go to find them?

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:39 PM

Check out this site:- http://www.moddingst...k/getmods.shtml

And there is a sword fighting pack here:- http://www.moviestor...tent_pack?id=84

There are desert sand dunes in the Moviestorm Max sets as well.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 gent23mj

gent23mj

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:58 AM

Thank you very much!

While I am here, may I ask about tutorials.  I place a great deal of importance on whether or not I can operate this before I decided to purchase it.  To be honest, the controls and features feel very clunky and non intuitive in the demo.  I dont say that to be critical, only that it has discouraged me from buying the product at the price offered.  

That said, are there any tutorials that offer in depth functionality help?  Ive only seen demonstrations of features, and not much actual tutorials that go deep into what you press when, how, and where.  Ive seen a few things on the website, but none of it is foundational to the functioning of the software, its very situational - such as "how to make a character sit down on the bed."  Any help, especially with cameras and keyframing them would be super helpful, even if its a user tutorial.

#4 Poulet Noir

Poulet Noir

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1136 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:42 PM

Hi there. You can access plenty of tutorials from the moviestorm homepage - here's a screengrab of how to access the ones dedicated to camerawork.

Attached File  Moviestorm_tuts.png   275.52KB   1 downloads

"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

#5 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:16 PM

There are plenty of good tutorials on YouTube and this site. I had a similar situation to you when buying in November 2018. I have already produced 6 decent movies (Im told) having used the tutorials and gotten great help. Also there are a few people here that will always help. Its the best intuitive software for quick results. Not iclone quality but brilliant for indie moviemaking. Dont hesitate. Go for it.

Regards

Dennis

#6 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:19 PM

I have the medieval mods. Brilliant. See them in action in my movie on YouTube - Roman Invasion. Search Roman Invasion Moviestorm Animation

Dennis