• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jmorris500

jmorris500

Film Critic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:28 AM

No matter what the file and no matter what the setting, any file I try and import into MW it crashes with a C++ error.

Any ideas? Right now MS is a $225  paper weight for me.

Thanks in advance

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5201 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:31 AM

See my answer here:- http://www.moviestor...showtopic=16102

If the cube exercise doesn't work then post a link to the model and I'll have a look at it.

One of the most common errors is people correctly saving a model as Sketchup 6 (which it has to be) and then making a small change and hitting "save" again. That will save it in the later version of SketchUp and that will crash MW.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:01 AM

No matter what the file and no matter what the setting, any file I try and import into MW it crashes with a C++ error.

A C++ error? Unless an exception has been raised inside a native library called by Moviestorm, I'd rather say it's a Java exception.

In any case, posting the error text or the log file created by Moviestorm could give us a hint about what went wrong (though not guaranteed - some times they're unbelievably cryptical).

The error is something like this?

Attached File  2017-05-18_082110.jpg   27.21KB   0 downloads

If so, as Prima has pointed out, most probably it's been caused by trying to import a file with the wrong version of Sketchup. (BTW, you were right: it's a C++ exception thrown by the importer module).

It's a shame Moviestorm doesn't check the version of the Sketchup file before actually trying to import (it's not hard!).

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#4 jmorris500

jmorris500

Film Critic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:12 AM

Thanks for the help, yes I was saving as the wrong file type. Also the model I wanted to use has too many polys. I found a more sutable model and everything is working now with the exception of the actors not wanting to use the ground of the model. if there is a trick to that let me know. Right now I am setting the ground of the model slightly below the floor grid, then moving actors around the before going into the camera section moving the model back over the floor grid.

Off topic here i know, sorry for that.

And thank you all for your help!

#5 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:32 PM

... I found a more sutable model and everything is working now with the exception of the actors not wanting to use the ground of the model. if there is a trick to that let me know. Right now I am setting the ground of the model slightly below the floor grid, then moving actors around the before going into the camera section moving the model back over the floor grid.

I think this is related to and answered in this another thread, isn't it?

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM