16 replies to this topic

#1 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1144 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:25 AM

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=106246
This is the gestures in MovieStorm. I hope it can be used to find inspiration and to save some time. I´ve also made a pdf file with all the gestures written down.
Attached File  All_The_Gestures2.pdf   96.93KB   65 downloads

#2 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (keithlawrence @ Dec 31 2010, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the gestures in MovieStorm. I hope it can be used to find inspiration and to save some time. I´ve also made a pdf file with all the gestures written down.

This looks great! I'm not sure if I'm just seeing better because it's morning or if this is rendering better, but I'm able to read everything now smile.gif

This is an excellent doc. Many thanks indeed!

rgr

#3 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:47 PM

this is great thanks for doing it

forumsig.png

#4 MerryPaw

MerryPaw

Novice director

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:26 PM

Thank you very much this will come in handy!
Windows 7, 3D Game Asset Artist, Novice Movemaker

#5 writerly

writerly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 848 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (keithlawrence @ Dec 31 2010, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very, very useful tool! Thank you for taking the trouble to put all this together.
C

#6 Robear

Robear

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:56 AM

Nicely done!

This will help a lot.

Thank you very much!

#7 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1144 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (rgr @ Dec 31 2010, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This looks great! I'm not sure if I'm just seeing better because it's morning or if this is rendering better, but I'm able to read everything now smile.gif

This is an excellent doc. Many thanks indeed!

rgr

LOL laugh.gif Yeah, I did some work with it thanks to you smile.gif

#8 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 928 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:12 AM

Keith,

I'm a little late with this but I just wanted to commend you for putting this together and saw how freaking awesome a tool it is. This may well be the most useful user produced item that has been produced to use with MovieStorm. I daresay I won't be clicking on the "Gestures" bubble without loading your All_The_Gestures2.pdf first. I've already found it extremely useful while working on my current production. The ability to search the pdf in order to find a gesture you think is available, but just can't find is an unbelievable time saver! I guess it goes without saying that finding heretofore undiscoverd gestures in a snap is just fantastic!

Well done!

Nahton

PS - Did you mention at one point you were missing a couple of packs? I'm just wondering if any gaps due to that have been identified or if we knew what those packs were the MS powers that be could educate us as to what gestures could be added to the document.

#9 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1144 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Nahton @ Jan 8 2011, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keith,

I'm a little late with this but I just wanted to commend you for putting this together and saw how freaking awesome a tool it is. This may well be the most useful user produced item that has been produced to use with MovieStorm. I daresay I won't be clicking on the "Gestures" bubble without loading your All_The_Gestures2.pdf first. I've already found it extremely useful while working on my current production. The ability to search the pdf in order to find a gesture you think is available, but just can't find is an unbelievable time saver! I guess it goes without saying that finding heretofore undiscoverd gestures in a snap is just fantastic!

Well done!

Nahton

Wow, thanks man.
Feedback like that maks it all worth it. I find the tool very helpful aswell. Why not use it and join Primaveranz Gesture Competition; http://www.moviestor...p...c=10366&hl=

QUOTE (Nahton @ Jan 8 2011, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PS - Did you mention at one point you were missing a couple of packs? I'm just wondering if any gaps due to that have been identified or if we knew what those packs were the MS powers that be could educate us as to what gestures could be added to the document.

Yes, I did. I don´t have "Female Monster Heads" "Halloween" and "Halloween 2009". (horror scares me ohmy.gif )
But I would be happy to fill it in if there is some from them that lacks. (or provide with the originale editable file)
Anyone who wants to do that job? It would also be nice if the MS staff could tell wich gesture that follows wich pack so that could have it´s own colour.
There is a lot of improvement potentiale to that pdf file and it will expand as more packs and updates comes out. Feel free to copy-paste and make whatever you want with it that can gain this community. No copyright smile.gif

#10 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

Incredible, he knows that you were the creator of gestures that I like to use. Great job.

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#11 BrianGray

BrianGray

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:52 PM

Hello Keith...

I wanted to say thank you for the Gestures.pdf too. I printed it out. It helps a lot.

Brian

#12 mloakley

mloakley

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:09 AM

this is very cool, TY.  Appreciate you doing this, Keith. 

#13 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5370 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:54 AM

Yeah it is amazing the number of different options available. Most people only make use of a tiny proportion of them, and yet with a bit of thought in the camera work they can be used to gve the impression of so many activities that the actors can't actually perform for real..

The facial changing gestures are also hugely powerful.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#14 mloakley

mloakley

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:39 AM

Yeah, it's hard to always remember exactly where the gesture was that you've previously used. Printed out, it's a nice reference. And I haven't used the Signing gestures as I wasn't sure what it was, very cool to see all the Signings, and a couple of them I was thinking I'd like to have, and there they were. Like Loser and Call Me. lol

I went thru my list of Gestures and found these that weren't on the list, so I put them into a PDF. Attaching the file here for others.

~M

Attached Files

#15 mloakley

mloakley

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

hello

I  had just recently discovered .. that for KV & Nahton, there are female gestures and male gestures. The pdf that I shared already is the female gestures for KV/Nahton.

Attaching the Male Gestures for KV & Nahton.

have a great day everyone! :)

marilyn

Attached Files

#16 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5370 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:54 PM

Thanks for this Marilyn.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#17 mloakley