• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ArikVonNerd

ArikVonNerd

Film Critic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:49 AM

Since, my computer is old and the graphic chipset is not enough, I'll probably buy a new one.

How do I transfer the software and all data I have to a new computer?

Thanks

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5224 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:21 AM

Its just a matter of copying the relevant folders to your new PC, you can re-download any packs that you bought from the website if you need to, but copying the installation folder e.g."C:\Program Files (x86)\Moviestorm" and the User folder e.g. "C:\Users\[yourname]\Moviestorm" will get you most of the way. Moviestorm doesn't care where the executable is but you will probably be asked to log in the first time you try to use it on the new PC, so make sure you have access to the web at that point. 

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 ArikVonNerd

ArikVonNerd

Film Critic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:21 AM

Thanks!

#4 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

Its just a matter of copying the relevant folders to your new PC, you can re-download any packs that you bought from the website if you need to, but copying the installation folder e.g."C:\Program Files (x86)\Moviestorm" and the User folder e.g. "C:\Users\[yourname]\Moviestorm" will get you most of the way. Moviestorm doesn't care where the executable is but you will probably be asked to log in the first time you try to use it on the new PC, so make sure you have access to the web at that point. 

In fact, the only folder you need to copy to the new destination computer is C:\Users\[yourname]\Moviestorm\Addons

Optionally, you might copy the C:\Users\[yourname]\Moviestorm\Addons\.licenses folder, though this is mostly useless, as its content is refreshed every time Moviestorm is launched and calls home

You'd better not copy any other file in the C:\Users\[yourname]\Moviestorm folder, as it can interfere with the configuration or detection of the new graphic hardware, and whatever data corruption in the cached would be transferred to the new computer.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#5 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5224 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:07 PM

Good point Jamoram. 

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"