• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:49 AM

We've got keyboards, grand pianos, drums, violins, guitars, flutes,... you name it. 

But apart from keyboards, pianos, drums, violins, guitars and flutes, what else has Moviestorm brought to us? Absolutely nothing. What about the most beautiful and sound music instrument ever? And I'm not talking about the didgeridoo, the second most beautiful and sound music instrument, I'm talking about my absolute favourite one: the cello.

Well, nobody seems to volunteer to make it a reality, so I'll try it. Maybe some day Sonja will join Alexis and Miranda and we'll enjoy some immortal trio for piano, violin and cello by Schubert, Dvorak or Smetana, just to mention a few.

Attached File  Trio Violin Cello Piano.jpg   115.01KB   2 downloads

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5331 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:24 AM

I'll bet the animations are a bit better then those the rest of my band were stuck with ;) 

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

I'll bet the animations are a bit better then those the rest of my band were stuck with ;)

Not bad. It looks like you're using the animations for the standard guitar, so some retargetting of arm keyframes is required. I think by rotating just 2 or 3 bones would do the trick, but this is a only quick guess and may be it would be a bit more involved task in the end, though having a good animation for the banjo is worth the toil.

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5331 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:11 AM

Yeah, if only MS accepted mocap.....

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#5 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:45 AM

Yeah, if only MS accepted mocap.....

I think Mneros managed to get that done, though the process:

1) required an equipment not affordable to everyone (Perception Neuron Full Body Suite) and

2) was involved and convoluted as hell

#6 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

Lesson learned so far: animations of the leg bones won't work for held props or gestures; they seem to work only with posture-type animations.

This is going to be a bit more hard to get it done than expected, but not impossible. Too bad the implementation won't be as simple and elegant as I had planned.