Photo

The Incredibly Strange and Wondrous Off-topic Forum Thread!!

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:49 AM

13 days ago you made "Nowhere" a featuer movie, and daily I have been cheeking in to see if you have watched my/our (Mneros and I) movie for the consideration of a feature movie (we think it really good) and theres now 2 pages of new movies posing (ours is now on the second page) some just as good if not better then ours, That I think could have been Feature movies as well.

I don't know how often you go about choosing Feature movies (I was under the impression it was weekly but in Light of 13 days obviously I was wrong) but if you find some time maybe you take a look at ours even if you left some sort of Comment it would make me happy

Originally "Feature Movies"

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

I think Star Wreck Ep 4 should be a featured movie too. It is a wonderful example of what you can do with Moviestorm to create a very professional and entertaining movie. This is the best movie I have seen made with Moviestorm. Very well directed and entertaining.

here is the link

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=106502

#3 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:41 AM

Thanks For the Vote lucinda, But More than any thing I was hopeing to encurage MS staff to take the time and look at some of the new moves with this Posting before looking at all of them becomes to time consuming, and in light of looking at them all taking too much Time, some Movie's Like ours geting Overlook, which is why I incised on a comment cause then I know it wasn't over Looked. as it now stand it has been 14 day or 2 weeks since MS Changed up and posted and new feature movies

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#4 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:45 AM

They must be busy this week because usually when I suggest a movie be featured they feature it. But I haven't checked today to see if it got featured.

#5 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:05 AM

I just don't want to be over looked. I don't think any one want to be over looked, especially those who have taken the time to Make a Post in the "Now Showing" form. and if you look there you will see I have a personal move I posted there that (is not "star wreck" but rather makes polite fun of MS, MS staff, and the MS Comuity )I would also like to have considered as feature move. so for my self there are two movies I don't want to be over looked

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#6 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:40 AM

I don't want your movies to be overlooked either. I know you used a lot of mods in your movie and sets that were not Moviestorm sets. I kind of wonder sometimes if they prefer to feature movies that use more of Moviestorm assets than those of 3rd party modders. Although one movie I suggested they feature that was made by another filmmaker happened to use my destroyed building models and set and they featured that one. I didn't ask that it be featured because of using my models but because the woman who made it with her kids did it because it was a school project and the movie was going to be shown at school and was shown there and very much appreciated by the school. I thought featuring it was a good way to welcome a new user who is using this program in association with a school.

In all the years I have been using Moviestorm, I think I have had only three movies featured while other users have had a lot more featured but I don't complain about myself not getting movies featured since I have an extremely high movie watch count and most of my movies are watched by people outside of Moviestorm and featuring one would not increase the views that much anyway.

But I do think a lot of people who don't get movies featured probably feel the same way you do. I know i did for a long, long time feel I was being overlooked but they have done two interviews with me and I have been in Matt's blogs too so I get enough attention.

#7 skratchmasta

skratchmasta

Master Director

• Mods
  • 274 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:48 AM

Hi guys,

Matt Kelland is the man in charge of choosing the featured movies so if you have a suggestion for it you can always PM him as well as posting a thread smile.gif

Alex Gowland
Moviestorm Ltd.

#8 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:10 PM

That must be why the movies I suggest get featured because I usually SKYPE Matt and give him a link to a movie.

#9 Poulet Noir

Poulet Noir

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1135 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (skratchmasta @ Feb 25 2011, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Matt Kelland is the man in charge of choosing the featured movies so if you have a suggestion for it you can always PM him as well as posting a thread smile.gif

Now, THERE's a little golden nugget of information! Let's hope you're not in trouble for spillin' the beans... wink.gif
"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Hosting for the Urban Decay Pack thanks to Ichikaiden ... Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

#10 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:53 PM

Just sent the link to Matt and suggested Star Wreck Ep 4 be featured. Papa G you and Mineros are really talented. The direction is fabulous and the story moves very quickly. What I like in a movie.

#11 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

Ok It's been 3 weeks I demand a new Feature movie Valentines day is long over with

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#12 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:16 PM

Yeah it seems to be getting seriously neglected now blink.gif

#13 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

Matt is just really busy right now doing some other things. I am sure he will get this done. He does watch all the movies uploaded to Moviestorm.

#14 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Mar 6 2011, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Matt is just really busy right now doing some other things. I am sure he will get this done. He does watch all the movies uploaded to Moviestorm.

If Matt is tot busy to do it then he should delegate some one else to do it! The Feature move page is vital to this community people who post here do so in hopes of being featured, if their not going to feature any new movie including yours cause their not going to even bother to look at it why bother posting it here?

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#15 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

I thought it was the whole staff who decided which movies to feature but with just one person doing it, it can be difficult to get done But I do agree they should have more than one person making this decision. In fact, I would find people outside of Moviestorm who might do this because they would be open minded about it. I don't think we users could decide because there would be too much favoritism for people wanting their friend's movies featured.

#16 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

Matt here - yes, it's been a while, and I've been completely swamped with other things for the last few weeks. Much though I'd like to have deputised someone else, they're all busy too, so we've had to let it slide (along with the FB posts, Twitter posts and blogs).

I'll update the featured movies as soon as I get a chance - I was expecting to have time to do it last week, but it didn't quite work out like that.

In future, this may be something we do monthly, and pick the best movies of the previous month. Maybe we'll start a forum thread where you guys can put forward your suggestions, then we can take a combination of our faves and yours?
The Moviestorm Team

#17 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3286 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

That would be a good way to catch up movies we might have missed as well.

#18 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5373 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Moviestorm @ Mar 8 2011, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe we'll start a forum thread where you guys can put forward your suggestions, then we can take a combination of our faves and yours?

That would be a good idea, and can we have a rule banning people demanding their movies be added to the playlist? wink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#19 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

Matt here - you'll be pleased to know I'm spending much of today catching up on recent movies, so there will be new featured movies this week (as long as a meteor doesn't land on my house, or some similar catastrophe).

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Mar 7 2011, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can we have a rule banning people demanding their movies be added to the playlist?

There will be a rule banning anyone demanding that any movies be added. It's for suggestions, not demands. smile.gif

Please remember that the selection of featured movies is, and will continue to be, completely at our discretion. Since they appear in the app, we have to be careful that featured movies are suitable for all ages (which is why we very rarely feature movies with the "mature" rating). And there are other considerations too. We certainly welcome your recommendations, but featured movies aren't necessarily a "viewers' favorite" selection.

Don't forget that featured movies aren't our only avenue for promoting your movies. We're a little more relaxed about what the movies we promote through Facebook and Twitter, and some movies get mentioned in the blog (which is generally the highest accolade we can give, as blog posts stick around and are accessible from the entire Web). Plus there's the Vimeo channel, YouTube playlists, and so on.

I'm sure you won't always agree with what we pick, but that's to be expected. We'd love for you to highlight your own favorites on your blogs or Web sites - the more exposure people's films get, the better, and showcasing different movies can only be a good thing for all concerned.
The Moviestorm Team

#20 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Mar 7 2011, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would be a good idea, and can we have a rule banning people demanding their movies be added to the playlist? wink.gif

I aggree with the a rule: banning people demanding their movies be added.

In fairness to my Partner Mneros who asked me not to start this post 2 weeks ago.

For the I Record I demanded a new Feature movie. NOT that MY movie BE Featured.
yes I stared this post requesting it be considered, but not once did i post a link (though some else did) nor did I even list the name of the two movies I would like to have considered though you know the name of one of my movies from this posting the very mention of it's name was not my doing!

If none of my movies get posted as result of starting this thread blame be on me!

But a request for my sake please view our move and comment on it.

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally