Photo

What is this link for Moviestorm. It does not work.

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

This seems to be an old link for Moviestorm but it does not work. You get to the main movies page of Moviestorm but you can't go anywhere else and the Main page seems to be old. here is the link.

model.moviestorm.co.uk

#2 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Uh... thanks?

Do you have any more old links?

(Y'know, the good folks at Moviestorm might like to know where you found the link so that they could remove it... just sayin')

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

I found it by searching my ID that I use here and a lot of other video sites and that ID is lucindamc123. try putting your ID in quotes in Google and do a search and see what you come up with.

#4 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

You Googled yourself...? laugh.gif

#5 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

#6 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Yes I like to see where all my movies are because other people download them and upload them to other sites.

#7 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (iceaxe @ Apr 14 2012, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've googled myself a few times to see how easy I am to find.smile.gif

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#8 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

Are you saying you've never googled yourself? That's strange wink.gif

#9 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

I googled ICEAXE and he has about 89,000 links for his name. And also I forget all the sites I am signed up on and since I use two different IDS lucindamc123 and lucindamc456, I check those out to see where I have been, especially video sites where I upload my movies as I don't always remember which ones I have used.

#10 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

If you highlight the link and then ask it to open in a new tab you get to Moviestorm Support but then there is the message

We’ll be back soon!

We’re currently performing maintenance on our website. It shouldn’t take long, so please bear with us!

So I guess that part of the forum doesn't work anymore but since a lot of our movies that are listed through Google use that link, that means if people GOOGLE us to find our movies, they aren't able to get to them and that is probably why the movie views here have gone down so low.

I also found this out. It is a CACHED LINK from Google and it is pointing to the wrong place. I don't know how to contact Google to get them to fix this. I think Moviestorm needs to do that. here is what they Google, says about this:

Google takes a snapshot of each page examined as it crawls the web and caches these as a back-up in case the original page is unavailable. If you click on the "Cached" link, you will see the web page as it looked when we indexed it. The cached content is the content Google uses to judge whether this page is a relevant match for your query.

When the cached page is displayed, it will have a header at the top which serves as a reminder that this is not necessarily the most recent version of the page. Terms that match your query are highlighted on the cached version to make it easier for you to see why your page is relevant.

The "Cached" link will be missing for sites that have not been indexed, as well as for sites whose owners have requested we not cache their content.

#11 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Someone must be bored.

#12 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

I am not bored. I don't have time to be bored. However, type in any users name here go to VIDEOS on Google and all the videos they have on Moviestorm will have that link which is broken.

I just typed in squirrleygirl and then set the search to Videos and the source as Moviestorm and this is what you get

https://www.google.c...%...920&bih=830

But if you type in MOVIESTORM in quotes and do the same selection process you get a correct link to Moviestorm Except sometimes their movies have the incorrect link too and it is movies made any time, it is not date specific.

https://www.google.c...&...920&bih=830

#13 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Moviestorm can`t control google, googles spiders define things that get submitted to their search. If those links have not been revisited by the spiders then they wont be updated, infact chances are the spiders may just class them as new links and add them. Those links will just be references stored in their library.

It`s all automated, no humans control it.

Oh and I really need to get a new studio name, searching mine comes up with a lot more than just my stuff, infact it comes up with some total irrelevant garbage too which has my studio name in it..................how dare they all lol

#14 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Well the problem is that the time they took the Snapshot (Google) it must have been one of those times when they were having problems with the servers here.

#15 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

Well, the solution is obvious then.

Moviestorm needs to never have server problems. Then these sort of things won't happen. smile.gif

Maybe if staff googled themselves more often things would run more smoothly around here. laugh.gif
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#16 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (corthew @ Apr 14 2012, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the solution is obvious then.

Moviestorm needs to never have server problems. Then these sort of things won't happen. smile.gif

Maybe if staff googled themselves more often things would run more smoothly around here. laugh.gif

Yes it is really a shame because if people search for our videos on Google and most of mine are on Moviestorm as I have not had time in months to upload them elsewhere, then they won't find them.

#17 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

Saying "google yourself" just sounds so wrong. Who knows, maybe the staff is so busy googling themselves, that's why we don't have the swords pack yet wink.gif

#18 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

Well they would GOOGLE "Moviestorm" on the Videos section of Google and then they would see the problem but they probably never realized it. I never noticed this until today myself and I have been curious about why the views of our movies has gone down so much.

#19 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5365 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 15 2012, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
..and I have been curious about why the views of our movies has gone down so much.

Maybe you need to do some more self-promotion Lucinda.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#20 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Apr 14 2012, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe you need to do some more self-promotion Lucinda.

No it isn't that. I used to get 100 views a day and Moviestorm got about 200 views a day and now I get about 10 a day and Moviestorm gets about the same. And I think this is true for all the other channels. So I think it is this bad link that is causing the problem and I don't know if anything could be done to fix it. And I also check other channels views a lot and they are less than they used to be too.