• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

You've been asking for a face morpher for a while. Check out the latest dev blog posts to see where we've got to.

http://moviestorm.bl...st-glimpse.html
http://moviestorm.bl...-new-heads.html

Note: This is still work in progress and quite rough in places, so you'll see some broken icons on these shots. There's also a noticeable neck seam on these characters: Dave's fixed this, but the new neck code hasn't been integrated with the character workshop code yet. However, this will give you an idea of what the new face creator and character workshop will look like, and how much more you'll be able to do with Moviestorm 1.3.1 compared to the current version.

The Moviestorm Team

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:59 PM

Oh it is wonderful. Very excited about this. I could really create some individual faces with this and that is what I need for my movies.

#3 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:09 PM

You made me drool on my keyboard!

Looking very, very nice... smile.gif

#4 roguevirus

roguevirus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 703 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:22 PM

all i can say is GREAT JOB roll on more features that extend moviestorm FEATURES not content......i hope this addon will include exsisting models as well ? and be aplied to core content?

#5 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:37 PM

This looks really good guys, and if it can affect all heads thats a massive bonus smile.gif

#6 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (roguevirus @ Jun 25 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
all i can say is GREAT JOB roll on more features that extend moviestorm FEATURES not content......i hope this addon will include exsisting models as well ? and be aplied to core content?

No Rogue, reverse engineering 4 and a half years of content is quite a tall order for 1 person to do. The new Morph heads are NEW morph heads. But they are a part of the Base pack and contain the same ethnicities (times several hundred permutations) multiplied by the 70 odd morphs I've created and all of their further blended derivations (is that the right word johnnie?) Sorry if that isn't enough effort. wink.gif
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#7 roguevirus

roguevirus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 703 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Jun 25 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No Rogue, reverse engineering 4 and a half years of content is quite a tall order for 1 person to do. The new Morph heads are NEW morph heads. But they are a part of the Base pack and contain the same ethnicities (times several hundred permutations) multiplied by the 70 odd morphs I've created and all of their further blended derivations (is that the right word johnnie?) Sorry if that isn't enough effort. wink.gif

nope fine by me just checking as i said GOOD JOB biggrin.gif

i'm also worried by your comment of "one person" are you the only MS modeler on staff?

#8 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (roguevirus @ Jun 25 2010, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nope fine by me just checking as i said GOOD JOB biggrin.gif

i'm also worried by your comment of "one person" are you the only MS modeler on staff?

yes for the characters, but Amos is making some cracking environments and props too and we have a new Ivan in the office at the moment showing his skills at 2d art, are you not keeping up with staffing? How odd, I know everyone that works at Autodesk biggrin.gif
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#9 squirrelygirl

squirrelygirl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1910 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

WickedAwsome Chris! You did a terrific job! biggrin.gif

modsnmore_logo.jpg

#10 roguevirus

roguevirus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 703 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Jun 25 2010, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes for the characters, but Amos is making some cracking environments and props too and we have a new Ivan in the office at the moment showing his skills at 2d art, are you not keeping up with staffing? How odd, I know everyone that works at Autodesk biggrin.gif

err tbh i have little intrest in your lives
(altough i hope they are happy and fruitfull ones for you and your loved ones)
it's a bit like watching big brother on TV or Eastenders tbh i'd rather live my own life.

well the number of modelers / cgi artists probably goes along way to explaining 250yrs man hour work loads to complete projects....and maybe a lack of peeps to bounce off explains the tangents like Photostorm and fig leafs etc.

WoW you know everyone at Autodesk..yeah you use max to export to Moviestorm..cool then producing an export from Autodesk 3ds max won't be a problem for you then....it's just a matter of WILLINGNESS to do so !

#11 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:14 PM

Chris you are doing a great job. All of you are on the staff and I really appreciate the work you have ahead of you and all that you have done for us over the years.

#12 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

Chris.....you da man!

100% gobsmacked.

#13 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:28 PM

kool

forumsig.png

#14 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:00 AM

Wow, the previews look fantastic! biggrin.gif

#15 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:28 AM

A quick question.....is there any plans to integrate this feature with existing content such as the Dark Romance pack, so we could create whatever looks we want for our vampires? I'd suggest with the two monster head packs also, but morphs with morphs might make MS melt, or at least cause Chris to run in the other direction as fast as he could wink.gif

#16 Robear

Robear

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:52 AM

Very cool!

The Face Morpher steps MS up to a whole new level.

Great work Chris and all!

#17 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:41 AM

Now this is excellent news.

#18 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3285 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:06 AM

This is a much asked for feature, I'm really glad you are able to implement it. From the hints you've dropped elsewhere there will be layers, make up/ tattoos etc, which presumably wil be activated via the character wardrobe?
Are these planned to be user moddable...tintable, scalable, add user image etc.
If they are moddable via modder's workshop will there be uv maps for skin / tattoo placement / make-up?

#19 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:20 AM

Yes, this is looking great. This will allow us to create much more distinctive looks for our movies.

Well done Chris!

#20 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Armanus @ Jun 26 2010, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A quick question.....is there any plans to integrate this feature with existing content such as the Dark Romance pack, so we could create whatever looks we want for our vampires? I'd suggest with the two monster head packs also, but morphs with morphs might make MS melt, or at least cause Chris to run in the other direction as fast as he could wink.gif

Ditto. Also, paying for upgrades to those packs would seem perfectly legit to me.