• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 clemenswonderworks

clemenswonderworks

Film Critic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:47 PM

Hello all.I really want to ask MS if they can come out with a hi-action pack like for moves like jumping,fighting ect.I am new to MS I'm 20 years old and I have been making anime cartoons and I can make a lot of good action films cuz I do the drawing, but I would like to see what I can do with MS.So plz think about this I like MS more then Iclone cuz it works much faster, but I have to say right now Iclone has more packs that work in that issue so plz keep me here at MS cuz I really like what you all are doing so anyone who could reply to this would make my day thanks.

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

There are a lot of action packs. Look at the criminals and Law and Order pack and the Vampire pack just to name two of them. Each content pack also comes with animations. They have had fighting that came out with the base pack way back.

Oh where can we see the anime you have made. I looked you up as Clemenswonderworks but didn't find anything.

#3 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:11 PM

To be fair, Moviestorm needs more action (and dance) animations. People should be able to choreograph fairly complex fights. At the very least, we should have the basic punches, blocks, and kicks that most martial artists learn in their first six months. And it would be nice to be able to pick a starting and ending point for more natural-looking jumps than the vampire jump. (Which is not to knock the vampire jump! It's a great jump to have in the repertoire.)

#4 clemenswonderworks

clemenswonderworks

Film Critic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (clemenswonderworks @ Jun 25 2010, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all.I really want to ask MS if they can come out with a hi-action pack like for moves like jumping,fighting ect.I am new to MS I'm 20 years old and I have been making anime cartoons and I can make a lot of good action films cuz I do the drawing, but I would like to see what I can do with MS.So plz think about this I like MS more then Iclone cuz it works much faster, but I have to say right now Iclone has more packs that work in that issue so plz keep me here at MS cuz I really like what you all are doing so anyone who could reply to this would make my day thanks.

Here is a link of one of my cartoons, but this is a old video.But anyways this is what I would like to do more with movie storm so lets hope they make something for us action movie makers.

http://vids.myspace....ideoid=55928417

#5 clemenswonderworks

clemenswonderworks

Film Critic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

lets just hope they see this post.

#6 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (clemenswonderworks @ Jun 29 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is a link of one of my cartoons, but this is a old video.But anyways this is what I would like to do more with movie storm so lets hope they make something for us action movie makers.

http://vids.myspace....ideoid=55928417

Very nice work. I do think they will do more action animations. Moviestorm has always been good about making and releasing animations quickly.

#7 clemenswonderworks

clemenswonderworks

Film Critic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

How long have you been working with it?.

#8 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (clemenswonderworks @ Jun 29 2010, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How long have you been working with it?.

I have been using Moviestorm since May of 2007. IT is really a wonderful program. I have made over 60 movies with Moviestorm.

#9 clemenswonderworks

clemenswonderworks

Film Critic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:35 AM

wow lol well awesome you.I hope to do something big with it I just got to try and work it more any tips?.

#10 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (clemenswonderworks @ Jun 30 2010, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow lol well awesome you.I hope to do something big with it I just got to try and work it more any tips?.

Well as far as tips, try to keep your props low poly if you start to make your own props. I have released a lot of really good props, terrains, sky domes, small towns, Washington DC, Manhattan among them.

I always render at Ultra, 30 frps. To avoid lip jiggle when puppets are singing, render at 60 frps.

One thing I do is start a new movie for each scene in a movie. I usually just save the existing movie under a different name so I can use the same set and actors but you can also save your sets to stock and your puppets to stock and that will save you some time.

Since you are interested in action, buy the Law and Order, Criminals and Sci Fi packs but I really recommend getting all of them. When you subscribe for a year, you get 8000 points and that enables you to buy most of the packs.

Also check out http://dvdvideosoft.com as they have a lot of free audio and video programs that are excellent. Among them is the 3gp Video Converter. I use that and convert all my movies to an mp4 before I upload it here or anywhere and I get great resolution and a compressed size.

#11 clemenswonderworks

clemenswonderworks

Film Critic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Jun 30 2010, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well as far as tips, try to keep your props low poly if you start to make your own props. I have released a lot of really good props, terrains, sky domes, small towns, Washington DC, Manhattan among them.

I always render at Ultra, 30 frps. To avoid lip jiggle when puppets are singing, render at 60 frps.

One thing I do is start a new movie for each scene in a movie. I usually just save the existing movie under a different name so I can use the same set and actors but you can also save your sets to stock and your puppets to stock and that will save you some time.

Since you are interested in action, buy the Law and Order, Criminals and Sci Fi packs but I really recommend getting all of them. When you subscribe for a year, you get 8000 points and that enables you to buy most of the packs.

Also check out http://dvdvideosoft.com as they have a lot of free audio and video programs that are excellent. Among them is the 3gp Video Converter. I use that and convert all my movies to an mp4 before I upload it here or anywhere and I get great resolution and a compressed size.

Oh ok cool smile.gif.One thing I was wondering I the download for moviestorm but I den't pay for anything, will it cut off on me in 30 days? I just made a ms a few weeks ago.

#12 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (clemenswonderworks @ Jun 30 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh ok cool smile.gif.One thing I was wondering I the download for moviestorm but I den't pay for anything, will it cut off on me in 30 days? I just made a ms a few weeks ago.

Yes you will not be able to use the program after the 30 day free trial unless you subscribe. But it is only $7.99 but a better deal is to pay for a year at a time as you get 8000 points, or at least a friend for whom I bought a year's subscription got 8000 points and was able to buy all the content packs.

#13 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (clemenswonderworks @ Jun 25 2010, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*** Sigh *** as it stand's Moders can NOT make Their Own Animations and the Modder's that probably could have (given MS had Released the Bone's too us when Requested it) because they knew how to use 3D studio max; I don't see around any more (Overman, Bongoman) Probably because they have given up on trying to twist MS staffs Solid Steel arm on this one.

LOL and MS as a Program is so dependent On User Made Mod's, (Cause MS Staff as a Team cant handel to make all the modding request people have) yet They Refuse to give Modder's the power to make the Very thing all MS Users are BEGGING FOR MORE of "ANIMATIONS & GESTURES"

There are many thread's like this one requesting MS Staff to make more Action animations Like Kungfu Fighting animations Jump kick's, exct, they Gave us ONE Jump animation with the Dark Romance addon but that was it. In This regards even I have given up On MS, There not listening, and making actions like you (and So many others) are requesting are at the bottom of MS list; if even on their list at all (I Doubt IT!)

Some Have Tried the "Let's look at the competition" approach (I Clone VS MS), and the "Do you want to keep me as a Customer" approach, and Honestly it's PO even me that MS continues to Ignore us In This Regards , I Tried the slightly Sacastic Approach once, but I Can't even I Laugh this one off any more it depresses me and It Discourages me That I have invested... Scratch that Wasted so much money (Supporting a Company that is still not listening to request like this one) on a program that despite it's potential will probably never live up to it.

Sorry for disappointing you but it's TRUE
I Know lucindamc123 said it's good to get a Years Subscription, bur seeing as your 20 and there are so much better thing out there, save your Money don't waist it (unless of course you have money to spare) on this Program Like I have I can't Recommend it as it is a good investment

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#14 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:57 PM

PapaG, why don't you learn Java and help them out a bit? I downloaded Java Blue but have not had time to get into it yet.

#15 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Jul 1 2010, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PapaG, why don't you learn Java and help them out a bit? I downloaded Java Blue but have not had time to get into it yet.

It's not Java you need for the animating it's a legal copy of MAX, a good understanding of physics, timing and motion, all animations to start and stop in Base poses, to work with our Mutuals code, a version for Male against male, male against female, female against female and female against male, a way of adding to the verb list without disrupting anyone elses work and dozens of other things that slow me down every time I try and make packs in my spare time.

Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#16 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Jul 1 2010, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not Java you need for the animating it's a legal copy of MAX, a good understanding of physics, timing and motion, all animations to start and stop in Base poses, to work with our Mutuals code, a version for Male against male, male against female, female against female and female against male, a way of adding to the verb list without disrupting anyone elses work and dozens of other things that slow me down every time I try and make packs in my spare time.

I have Max 3ds. I don't like using it much though and right now it is not working and I have to reinstall it.

#17 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5365 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Jul 2 2010, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Firstly I apologise if this sounds patronising to anyone, it is definitely not meant to.

In all honesty Lucinda, if you have never done any computer programming before, it is going to take you several years to become truly competent in any programming language especially one like Java. It is not the same as learning to use a prebuilt tool like iClone. It is more like the difference between learning to play the guitar and learning to be a Luthier. And anyway, as Chris says, it will not help solve the issue of animating puppets.

Clemenswonders and PapaG, MS (as they have pointed out several times) are working within a limited budget and hence a limited staff so things will take time. We all hope that MS hits the big time soon and that they can expand their artistic team but until then the best thing we can do to help out, is make good movies (within the current limitations of the software) and get them out there to "spread the word". Make good and useful AddOns for others to use, and try out different tricks to work around problems and pass on the knowledge - it's half the fun really.

In the end if it doesn't work for you, then by all means say why and go elsewhere if you have to, but don't just "hit us with the negative waves man" and discourage newcomers etc.

In the end it won't just hurt MS, it will hurt the rest of the people in the community (e.g. youth in developing countries wink.gif who are enjoying possibilities for self expression they never had before.

My 2 Vatu.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#18 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jul 1 2010, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Firstly I apologise if this sounds patronising to anyone, it is definitely not meant to.

In all honesty Lucinda, if you have never done any computer programming before, it is going to take you several years to become truly competent in any programming language especially one like Java. It is not the same as learning to use a prebuilt tool like iClone. It is more like the difference between learning to play the guitar and learning to be a Luthier. And anyway, as Chris says, it will not help solve the issue of animating puppets.

Clemenswonders and PapaG, MS (as they have pointed out several times) are working within a limited budget and hence a limited staff so things will take time. We all hope that MS hits the big time soon and that they can expand their artistic team but until then the best thing we can do to help out, is make good movies (within the current limitations of the software) and get them out there to "spread the word". Make good and useful AddOns for others to use, and try out different tricks to work around problems and pass on the knowledge - it's half the fun really.

In the end if it doesn't work for you, then by all means say why and go elsewhere if you have to, but don't just "hit us with the negative waves man" and discourage newcomers etc.

In the end it won't just hurt MS, it will hurt the rest of the people in the community (e.g. youth in developing countries wink.gif who are enjoying possibilities for self expression they never had before.

My 2 Vatu.

I didn't say I was going to do this, I suggested to Papa G that he try and do the animation and help them out and as far as me being able to learn Java, you have no idea how smart and capable I am.

#19 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jul 1 2010, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First off I should apologise for last night's Rant, am still adjusting to my new Hours at Work and was tired and cranky, I should not use the Forums when I am tired and cranky to day is canada day so so i have the day off and got some much needed sleep.

Please understand I don't Hate MS In Fact I Still have High Hopes That MS will One day Reach it's Potential, Or else I would Not still be Using Ms to make My FF7 Mods (and Movie)

I am an Outsider to MS Staff, I have little say to their inner working, I don't go to their staff meeting where they discuss Crucial Issues, all I have is these formus, and Chris Oils (God Bless Him) Seems to be the only one On staff with the skill and abities to make Animations and Gestues.

How to convince MS that they need to hier more people with Chris Oils ablities, so thay can prioritise a little more action gestuers in too their addon releases? I don't Know?
Overman asked for the bone's (proably because He has the skills to use 3Dsm) but only MS Staff have it, so only MS Staff can use it, and there is (asfar as i know) only one MS Staff member that knows how to use the bones to make animations and Gestues

so then we have posting after posting of request of animations and Gesuters, (dont know what that look's like in the MS office but Id imagine it goes something like this:

Ben_S"Here you go Chris work on that, by the way there are some postings in forums for more Gestures"
Chris_O"Thank's... Yah I Know I am working on it, I could use a little help here!"

but what do I know again only speculating)

3DS Max is a $600 Complicated program, I would have like to have done some post secondary schooling to learn how to use it but even the schooling to lean such programs are out of my Price leg, under stand the only reason I have not gone to collage is because My parents could hardly afford to raise me and my brother as it was, and nether me or my parents can afford Post Secondary schooling, though i did take a small Secondarily course (that I am still trying to pay off) aside from it costing a lot never helped me find a career in that field

I know that Java Script is a programing Language the one MS uses to make their program,IFF I was a Hacker- Knowledge of it's Language could probably help me Extract (from MS) the Codex's use to Import animations from 3DSM in to MS and Possibly Aquier the bone's (bones people who know what there doing with 3DSM) needed for 3DSM to make the animations (But I am Just Speculating)

now in terms of my skills on the computer Most of them with a little help form others are self taught, if I had $600 to spare I could probably lean to use 3dsm on my own with a little help from others. but lets face that would take a while and Chris might be a nice guy and all, but he is not going to explain how to use it to make Gestures and animations; he when to school for 3 or 4 years to learn how to do that and would probably tell me to do the same.

now some one suggested in the forum a new MS program that would act like I clone 3D exchange like some sort of advanced MS Moders work shop that would allow for you to make your own animations, clothing and such thus eliminating the need to learn 3dsm and of course MS said no to the Idea but as little as I know abut Java I am certain that would be no easy program to make (thought it might help Chris out)

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#20 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:19 AM

Papa G, 3ds Max is almost $4,000.00, not $600. Where did you see it for $600? They do have a non-commercial version that is under $200.00 though.

Anyway, I have 3ds Max and actually it kind of is a waste because I have hardly used it as I don't care for it at all. It is tedious and just from what little I have done with it, I can well understand the difficulty anyone has in using it to create animation or models with it.

Now my latest program i really want, that is after I have tried the trial version and really like it is Litewave. It is only $900.00 which is not bad at all. I wish I had spent my money on that instead of the more than $1000 I have spent on Iclone.