29 replies to this topic

#21 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Jul 2 2010, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Papa G, 3ds Max is almost $4,000.00, not $600. Where did you see it for $600? They do have a non-commercial version that is under $200.00 though.

Anyway, I have 3ds Max and actually it kind of is a waste because I have hardly used it as I don't care for it at all. It is tedious and just from what little I have done with it, I can well understand the difficulty anyone has in using it to create animation or models with it.

Now my latest program i really want, that is after I have tried the trial version and really like it is Litewave. It is only $900.00 which is not bad at all. I wish I had spent my money on that instead of the more than $1000 I have spent on Iclone.

I missed a zero 6000. ok. so I was off on the price I Pay Canadian Dalers $6000CND that probably right

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#22 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (PapaG @ Jul 2 2010, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I missed a zero 6000. ok. so I was off on the price I Pay Canadian Dalers $6000CND that probably right

I saw some used ones that weren't too expensive on Amazon.com but you have to be careful on Amazon that you are not getting the Educational version because there is no way to tell until you install it.

#23 clemenswonderworks

clemenswonderworks

Film Critic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:40 AM

Well I will tell you all this.I don't work much with 3D so I am new to it I do anime cartoons and I use flash cs4.I must say that I do love to do 2D more as of right now but thats cuz all of my videos I draw it all out and make it all any way I like, but just know if any of you saw Iclone when it 1st got its name out it den't look so hot and den't move good.

I think MS will step up but they do need more money to meet all the high marks we set for em if anything I feel like we have a good way here to help a studio hit the mark they want to as well.Well anyways I'm not going to keep going on but I know how it is trying to set up a studio its not ez I have been working with flash a long time from 10 years of age now to 20 things just take time thats all ppl.By the way if anyone wants some Anime work to go in your movies as well hit me up. wink.gif

#24 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3285 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:42 AM

PapaG, my usual guide is that if ChrisO finds something difficult then so will I.

If Prima thinks it will take more than a year to learn Java, that's probably accurate;
and most people here are working on a small budget.

Moviestorm has it's limitations, most people move on to add other tools / programs, many of these are available for (relatively) low prices also.

You can mix footage from different sources using chromakey / greenscreen. This facility is available even in cheaper 3rd party editors now.

Everyone feels frustrated. We're trying to make movies on our own and comparing them with big budget films made by huge teams of people.

I've loved your mods so far, you give me lots of ideas, please stick at it.

#25 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (kkffoo @ Jul 2 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PapaG, my usual guide is that if ChrisO finds something difficult then so will I.

It's not so much the difficulty as the time involved (and motivation when its my spare time)
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#26 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5365 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Jul 2 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not so much the difficulty as the time involved (and motivation when its my spare time)

Note to MS bosses..

Why do your staff have spare time? What is wrong with indentured servitude!

Signed I. P. Squint (Liberal Peer) (Mrs)

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#27 warmanivan

warmanivan

Wannabe film-maker

• Pioneers
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jul 2 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Note to MS bosses..

that's not funny (when you're tired on a Friday)

#28 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3285 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

@ Chris Maybe i should have said 'anything Chris finds tedious, frustrating and not at all the fun creative bit'

@warmanivan Made me laugh, maybe you missed the context?

#29 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1144 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jul 2 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Note to MS bosses..

Lol

#30 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (kkffoo @ Jul 2 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PapaG,

Everyone feels frustrated. We're trying to make movies on our own and comparing them with big budget films made by huge teams of people.

I've loved your mods so far, you give me lots of ideas, please stick at it.

Thanks kkffoo I needed that I will keep @ it

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally