• 269 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:53 AM

Children
Animals
A Paris content pack
An Italy Content pack
and/or other places around the world.
a martial arts content pack.

What are some content packs you'd like to see?

#2 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3285 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:08 AM

Some vintage clothes meshes.
1930s, 1940s and victorian.
Generally, a few more standard clothes meshes for older characters.
Length morphing hair in standard styles.

#3 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:45 AM

Slasher animations
Dirty costumes for poor people
Teeth variations
Dirty wall textures
Hand held weapons ie swords, axes with animations
Gizmo keyframing
Animations to go with the Armed forces costumes

#4 gitsch

gitsch

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:18 AM

Airport terminal inside and out

#5 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

Children
Animals
Fantasy pack with sword animations
More custom accessories (e.g. different necklaces)
Animation crawling on all fours
Dirty/patchy wall textures
Filled glass (not just the empty wine glass to drink from)

#6 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:29 PM

I make most of my own props and sets so what i would like to see are children and dogs and horses, animated of course and additional animations. Of course the character morphing feature in 1.4 is going to be very useful. A few of the modders are doing attachable usable props and animations in Milkshape and importing them into Moviestorm so you all should check out the modders section of the threads and look at what people are working on. When I get the time I will learn Milkshape too and be able to do animations but right now I am just too busy.

#7 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (mystery_egypt @ Aug 10 2010, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Filled glass (not just the empty wine glass to drink from)

That's available in the restaurant pack I think.
smile.gif Lux
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

#8 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (luxaeternam @ Aug 10 2010, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's available in the restaurant pack I think.
smile.gif Lux

Yes I know, but then the character has to sit at the dining table.
I'd like a character be able to drink while standing - and with the empty glass it just looks weird tongue.gif

#9 MikeLyons

MikeLyons

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (ehughes @ Aug 10 2010, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are some content packs you'd like to see?

Various sports would be popular I would think, including:

Hockey (of course this is top on the list, I'm Canadian)
Baseball
Soccer
Football
Bowling
Boxing

Also, a camping pack would be nice, including a backpack accessory.

#10 sfdex

sfdex

Master Director

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (kkffoo @ Aug 10 2010, 07:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Generally, a few more standard clothes meshes for older characters..

I'm not sure this is what kkffoo is asking for, but I'd also like some more "normal" clothing for the female characters. There are a few "just wearing this around the house" outfits, but it's hard to dress folks for professional productions in what's here. Either the cleavage is too low, the skirt is too high, or the blouse is too short and results in the young (or not so young) lady's tummy showing. I get it that some find this appealing -- and indeed it's appropriate for a lot of productions, but when I'm trying to populate a scene for a safety demonstration, the fact that the majority of female outfits make them look like little trollops is a bit disconcerting. There are lots of just basic contemporary clothes for the guys that don't show off their navels, or make you think that if they step just the right way you're going to get a little show....

Also, I'd like some more matching clothes for the two genders. Aside from the safety videos I'm using Moviestorm for in my professional life, I'm putting together a little sci-fi project, and I'd LOVE to have something that could work as a matching uniform for both genders, but that doesn't look like they're about to run out into the desert (or jungle) and start shooting. The one-piece jumpsuit for the guys would be great as a unisex uniform, if only it were available for women, too. (And, now that I think about it, why can't we have women dressed in cover-alls? Don't women work in garages, too? And as house-painters?)

Also, I'd LOVE to be able to keyframe objects in the directors view using the gizmo. Great idea, KV!
MacBook Pro - Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.66 GHz - 4 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M/9600M GT - Snow Leopard (10.6.4)

#11 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

I agree with sfdex.

And it would be awesome if somewhere in the future we could combine upper body clothing, lower body clothing, and shoes separately according to our needs.

(Hehe, the MS Staff is working hard to get 1.4 out, and we're giving them already work for 1.5 and 1.6 tongue.gif)

#12 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (mystery_egypt @ Aug 10 2010, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with sfdex.

And it would be awesome if somewhere in the future we could combine upper body clothing, lower body clothing, and shoes separately according to our needs.

(Hehe, the MS Staff is working hard to get 1.4 out, and we're giving them already work for 1.5 and 1.6 tongue.gif)

That is difficult to do because the clothing is part of the body of the avatar so when you are adding clothing, you are also adding another body. When they get to the point where clothing is separate from the body,it would be possible though.

#13 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3285 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:52 PM

@sfdex, what do I mean by more normal clothes
Something less 'chavvy'
Chavvy =

and more classic

or vintage

or historical

and some sensual

#14 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

I agree that it would be great to see more traditional hairstyles and clothes...but I guess my short answer to the original question is: everything! lol

#15 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

I wonder how difficult it would be for them to create white templates of those type of clothes? Then we could add our own textures to them. That would be pretty easy to do once the structure of the avatar and clothing were done. Other than Wonder Boy and now Vautrin, all the scripts I do are contemporary but you never know what some writer will have me do next. I am supposed to a sci fi movie for a fairly well known sci fi writer when I get The Man and Vautrin finished.

#16 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

I'm having flashbacks to the hair debate. All we need now us for Jorge to go snap some photos in a parade.

#17 sfdex

sfdex

Master Director

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

I love a parade!

But I digress... Kkffoo, I've never heard the term "chawy," but less "chawy" is exactly what I mean. I'm also in favor of the ladies having pants. Here in San Francisco, not a lot of women wear skirts or dresses every day.

@lucindamac, I doubt they'll start handling clothing as different objects. Yes, DAZ Studio and Poser do that, but those intersecting and overlapping geometries are a big part of why DAZ Studio and Poser don't work in real time. Lightweight models are what make game-engine rendering possible. I think we're likely to only be able to tint different parts of outfits for variation. But I doubt I'd ever be able to put a skirt on "Famous Mark." (Unless Moviestorm decides to release "Urban Styles: The Drag Edition.")
MacBook Pro - Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.66 GHz - 4 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M/9600M GT - Snow Leopard (10.6.4)

#18 Darth Angelus

Darth Angelus

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:23 PM

Some sort of martial arts/melee weapons pack with animations would be great.

#19 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (Darth Angelus @ Aug 13 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second that been wanting that for a long time

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#20 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (Darth Angelus @ Aug 13 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats something we have craved for a long long long time, I hope we get one too.