• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 iamric

iamric

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:44 PM

I am looking into purchasing moviestorm but scared that its not in business and that might loose my money. 

Does anyone know?

Ricardo Marty

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5350 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:13 PM

The last we heard was that they were involved in year-long project to develop a new pre-viz tool. But there has been no development of Moviestorm for several years and trying to get help when you have an issue is  very hard.

So, the software is still great and it still works but I wouldn't build a business based on using it.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 iamric

iamric

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:56 PM

is it still being sold?

#4 iamric

iamric

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:59 PM

Im trying to publish a story on you tube to maybe try to monetize. But shelling out 225.00 to a ghost company is not on my list. I've sent some emails to them without any response.

#5 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5350 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:49 PM

Try posting on their Facebook page, they sometimes respond to that.

#6 iamric

iamric

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:25 PM

Thank you I'll check. last moviestorm post was last april. At least its more recent than any thing in there site/

Thank you

#7 iamric

iamric

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:45 PM

I got an email this morning from a company called @tenderapp.com. did a search and it seems to be a hired support company out of Oregon USA..they said that MS is still available and rhat they are working on a new product. Don't know if its legit.

Ricardo Marty

#8 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3282 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:22 PM

I hope so.

From bits we've heard it could very well be true.

I can really understand your doubts though, coming into this new.

#9 iamric

iamric

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:24 PM

they have been answering my email through the tenderapp service but  they dont have seller enthusiasm. Im looking into iclone  they have a new  pricing structure  close to moviestorm and can use daz files. Havent decided yet.

Ricardo Marty

#10 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3282 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:08 PM

I've lost touch with iclone, do they have a free trial?

#11 iamric

iamric

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:10 PM

Yes they do plus a special sale pricing startinh a 249.00. Ms looks easier but ic is 64k plus uses gpu render and has the bonus of using daz modeles sets and objects..... I would like to see a list of every thing in ms not just videos specially, sets,backdrops,scenery props.. but its not available.

Haven't decided though i'm leaning towards ic

Ricardo marty

#12 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5350 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:05 AM

iClone is more modern and more capable than Moviestorm. It is also far more expensive and harder to master. Very few people ever complete a movie using it, they usually get diverted by all the bells and whistles. But if you can tame it then you can produce amazing work.

#13 iamric

iamric

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:48 PM

Actually IC has a pro-bundle that's only $25.00 dollars more than ms.  Those who fail don't understand that doing a film means plenty of pre-organization even for this type of content. 

The problem with many who try to develop content is that the content must firstly be clear in the mind of its creator then on paper. a script or rundown must be developed.  Artist just don't start painting on a blank canvas.  Overall start with short  and simple themes. above all keep it simple don't  fly if you cant walk, be patient.

I've decide to go IC . I consider ms to be capable and much easier and like its easiness but lacking the ability to import elements makes it of very limited use to me and  its years behind, plus the information available on site and by contact is very limited. I hope the newer version brings greater improvements.

IC can use objects from daz which has tons of high quality elements. 

Thank you all for your very much appreciated input.

Ricardo Marty

p.s. Good luck with all your projects.

#14 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3282 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:16 PM

Good luck with your film!

#15 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5350 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:41 PM

Yes the initial price may seem low but the MS price includes every asset pack whereas iClone packs are often expensive addons. of course you can make your own but that can become a hobby in itself.

My own costs started to escalate dramatically once I tried to achieve the same kind of movie in iClone that I could do in MS. 

However I wish you every success in your journey and look forward to seeing your completed movie.

#16 iamric

iamric

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:18 PM

You might be right but  for this project i need specific sets props clothing scenery  I know  because the shooting script is ready and if I knew that they were available from ms i might definitely go for it despite its lacking's because its seems a much faster. But also I saw that ic has much better tools to create a cinematic look.

i don't expect to use many  ic packs if any, i will use daz packs and only the ones in need.. In the answer I got from MS i was told that not all the ms packs where included in the price. i asked for a new trial since i downloaded one about five years ago but didn't really have to much time yo use it. but I do remember somethings about it that I liked.

If I finally do go ic the technology will have a large part in my decision. I have a very good system that will make ic work well but mc wont be able to use most of my system nor i think its got all the tools, but maybe I'm wrong. Any way I got 8 days to decide.

thanks

Ricardo