• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rileyman

rileyman

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:13 AM

A few months ago I was feeling the need to start exercising my creativity a little, and try to get back in the groove of making some machinima films.  I felt the need to tackle something that wouldn't take too much time; that I could fit into my schedule of working full-time.

With all the fervour surrounding fake news lately, I came up with the idea of a news network that actually prides itself on being fake.  It was something I could use as a jumping board while I learn how to use MovieStorm; and something I wouldn't care too much about if everyone hated it.  LOL.  The characters are loosely based on actual news anchors, only in that they look relatively similar and have childishly transformed names.  Each episode is loosely based on an actual news segment, with no requirement to be particularly faithful to the original source material.  They also all feature a ridiculous commercial for some outrageous product that nobody would ever buy, with a shameless narrator and similarly shameless dialog.  The commercial product typically features as the final punchline.

I'm really lamenting the fact that there's an option to mark a video as "Mature", but no option to mark it as "Immature". -_-

In short, I was really just doing whatever I found funny in the particular moment.

In order:

White House Press Briefing - Iran Attacks US Navy Vessel!

Based on a press briefing where Sean Spicer lied about a naval attack.

Totally Over the Top Health Care Debate - Bernie Blanders vs Ted Snooze

Based on the health care debate between Bernie Sanders and Ted Cruze.  I incorporated a few key moments from the actual debate, but also inserted plenty of stuff that didn't happen.

TOTTFN - Is the CIA trying to reignite the Cold War to oust Trump?

Based on an interview with Dennis Kucinich, where he talked about the Deep State or some such.  I thought it would be fun to make his ears actually flap -- my first amazing "special effect".  Haha.

There's a couple others on my channel, but the above are the three I put the most work into.

Who knows, maybe you'll have a laugh or two. :P 

I don't know if I'm going to continue making any more of these, or try my hands at something a little more serious.  At the moment, my inspiration is in a bit of a funk.  The news cycle definitely moves faster than I can find the time to make these...

Are these parodies too over the top?

#2 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3286 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:36 AM

I am working through these RM and am impressed with many things, your voice work particularly. Hope you can find your next muse soon!

#3 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5381 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:55 AM

Always good to see MS being used for topical purposes. And you certainly have plenty of source material in the U.S just now ;)

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"