• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:04 PM

Here's my latest MS movie, you can watch it full size by clicking on the "V" in the bottom left of the screen.

Please don't post "spoilers", ta.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#2 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:37 PM

You did it!

You've managed to keep me intrigued until the end.  A very nice entry in my most beloved genre and I have a lot of things to learn from this. Thank you for publishing.

BTW, an interesting counterpoint that of 'Johnny English' beside 'Robot Monster' :)

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#3 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:53 PM

Thanks Jamoram, it was a lot of work (I think around 60 separate movies stitched together in wee bits) but it is always good to get one finished.
I'm looking forward to seeing what magic you come up with film-wise given your magical modding skills.

#4 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:25 PM

Thanks Jamoram, it was a lot of work (I think around 60 separate movies stitched together in wee bits) but it is always good to get one finished.
I'm looking forward to seeing what magic you come up with film-wise given your magical modding skills.

I guessed it's been a hell of a job, so my most heartfelt congrats and thanks again for bringing it us. So we are all looking forward for your next production, currently WIP. 

Regarding the next entries in my modding to-do list/wishlist, my top priority is finishing some stuff I think is still WIP, such as the animations/versions for female characters for the interactive bike, the harmonica, etc; and the same goes for some other props and animations I need for my own movies in production. However, should anybody come with an interesting suggestion, who knows?

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

#5 colour

colour

Film Critic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:08 PM

Hi Prima

I very occasionally drive by, to see how  Moviestorm's faring & was pleasantly surprised to see your new clip.  

Yes, a lot of hard work's gone into producing a near as damn-it real-life clip. Not easy, with Moviestorm's limitations.

There's a lot to like from a critique point of view. One small but significant example, is the actor's view from supine position. Most would film a side shot. 

I doubt if you'll get many comments. It can be disheartening if you don't, so I thought I'd view & post. 

Cheers

Colour

#6 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

Thanks for the support guys. Yeah you have to do these things for your own satisfaction rather than for public adulation ;)

MS definitely does have limitations e.g. you can't lie an actor down and have him behave as I did in the "supine" shot, so I had to turn the camera on its side and build the set
at 90 degrees to the horizontal. However as more than one person has pointed out in the past, all creative processes have limiting factors; it is learning how to get around them that is the
challenge and that enhances the satisfaction of the "artist" (I use the term broadly because I am not one ;) ).

The joy of MS really is that you can get around a hell of a lot of things once you know how, and there are still people around to ask.

Right! On to the next one ;)

#7 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

Attached File  Rod Serling's Seal of Approval.png   89.13KB   2 downloads

#8 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:19 AM

I agree with this sentence: "What you have to do these things for your own satisfaction and not for public adulation"
I agree That Moviestorm is not so Limited When Its mechanism is known m m, What Matters Is The talent of the creator to be able to tell An interesting story without words
Great work primaveranz

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#9 Poulet Noir

Poulet Noir

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1134 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:20 PM

Well I've watched this movie twice now, and heavens to Betsy it's a work of genius.

I'm itching to say more but anything I add could be an inadvertent spoiler so I'm leaving it there.

What I WILL say though is that, after about 18 months out of the Moviestorm game, this movie has inspired me renew a long-expired subscription :)

Bravo! Encore! More!

"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Hosting for the Urban Decay Pack thanks to Ichikaiden ... Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

#10 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:31 PM

If it gets the black chicken filming again then it will definitely have been worth the effort ;)

Oh, and about that bus with the opening doors..... ;)

#11 D.L. Watson

D.L. Watson

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 559 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

Great use of shadows Prima. Always great to see people still using Moviestorm. 

#12 mloakley

mloakley

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:58 AM

This was great, primaveranz. Enjoyed. Awesome silent film.