• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Version 1.5.4 is now released. It now provides a 'free' version for non-subscriber or expired Moviestorm accounts.

Check out the release notes
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#2 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3273 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

That's quite a fundamental change, I hope it brings in some new users and kickstarts some lapsed members.

#3 ricscar

ricscar

Novice director

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Sounds good :-)

#4 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Great move!

#5 rip

rip

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

The free version doesn't work right now - I can login but it won't let me go further. However making a free watermarked version is a really good idea.

#6 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5257 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

Anyone else having issues with Actors' walks since the latest update? I have some who kick a leg randomly just after starting to walk and this Nun who imploded wink.gif

Attached Files

• Attached File  nun.jpg   44.26KB   44 downloads

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#7 65radius

65radius

Director

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

laugh.gif Nice update!

#8 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (rip @ Nov 30 2012, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The free version doesn't work right now - I can login but it won't let me go further. However making a free watermarked version is a really good idea.

Hmm, that is not good; I thought I had tested with an account that never had a trial version, but apparently not sufficently. Is it failing to convert the 'wait' into 'start', or what?
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#9 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Nov 30 2012, 1:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone else having issues with Actors' walks since the latest update? I have some who kick a leg randomly just after starting to walk and this Nun who imploded wink.gif

Does this happen reliably? If so, a saved movie where it happens would be useful to see, as would a log.txt please.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#10 rip

rip

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Nov 30 2012, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, that is not good; I thought I had tested with an account that never had a trial version, but apparently not sufficently. Is it failing to convert the 'wait' into 'start', or what?

MS shows: "No Active Membership. Login Succesful But you don't have an active membership! Please purchase (...)"

After I click OK it closes MS installer and goes to MS webpage. "Wait" doesn't turn into "start" but this window is not even active anyway.

I had an account and used free MS versions before trial, maybe that's the reason?

#11 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (rip @ Dec 1 2012, 3:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MS shows: "No Active Membership. Login Succesful But you don't have an active membership! Please purchase (...)"

That was the error message from the non-updated version of Moviestorm.
Instead of logging in, close the login window, and let it update. Once updated, you should be able to try the login again.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#12 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5257 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Nov 30 2012, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does this happen reliably? If so, a saved movie where it happens would be useful to see, as would a log.txt please.

As is frequently the case with my movies, the answer sadly is no wink.gif I closed Moviestorm and restarted and now the walks are OK.

It is a pretty complex scenario in that I have a movie with a complex set and I need several actors in the background. So I copied the first movie (with hardly any background actors) stripped out everything that wouldn't be visible in a particular background shot and added several new actors. However the issue was with three actors who I had used in the original version and who were currently hidden. I wanted to reuse them so Unhid them in the new movie, teleported them to a new position and tried to have them walk. All three behaved in exactly the same manner. They took one step then kicked out the right leg backwards and "imploded" before returning to normal.

As I say they now walk OK but I have since struck the perennial problem of "nothing happening when I render" which from previous experience, suggests I just don't have enough memory available. Could that cause the walk issue? I'll try stripping more stuff out of the movie and see what happens.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#13 rip

rip

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Dec 1 2012, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was the error message from the non-updated version of Moviestorm.
Instead of logging in, close the login window, and let it update. Once updated, you should be able to try the login again.

Thanks, it works.

#14 Robear

Robear

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Now that's marketing!

Thanks for the update, Guys.

#15 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Dec 1 2012, 9:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I say they now walk OK but I have since struck the perennial problem of "nothing happening when I render" which from previous experience, suggests I just don't have enough memory available. Could that cause the walk issue? I'll try stripping more stuff out of the movie and see what happens.

Memory issues can break anything, if that is the problem.
log.txt would probably provide some suggestions as to what is going wrong. If it happens again, please save the log for me.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#16 Daveman

Daveman

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Nov 29 2012, 3:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Version 1.5.4 is now released. It now provides a 'free' version for non-subscriber or expired Moviestorm accounts.

Check out the release notes

QUESTION: I intend to purchase Moviestorm as soon as I can .., but just now (seeing you have a beta test release) I am wondering.., on the next full release.., do we get a certain amount of free version updates? or have to re-purchase the newer version? I am just asking because different software companies have varying policies. Some.., updates are free for life, others you get 2 to 5 updates.., and some, you have to pay extra for.

Thanks.

#17 Ichikaidan

Ichikaidan

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

Removed my message to 1.6.0. thread : )
Creating situations and learning to see.

#18 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Daveman @ Aug 30 2013, 6:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUESTION: I intend to purchase Moviestorm as soon as I can .., but just now (seeing you have a beta test release) I am wondering.., on the next full release.., do we get a certain amount of free version updates? or have to re-purchase the newer version? I am just asking because different software companies have varying policies. Some.., updates are free for life, others you get 2 to 5 updates.., and some, you have to pay extra for.

Thanks.

If you own Moviestorm outright then you get the updates for free, if you use the subscription method then you get the update as long as your sub is still active, if you use the free version i assume you also get the update but still with whatever restrictions the free version has

Pretty sure this is still the case, it has always been the case since Moviestorm became a paid product and will, I think, continue to be so until they do a major software upgrade such as a version 2.0

But I am only a user, so hopefully Ben or another Moviestorm staff will confirm this for you

#19 Daveman

Daveman

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (daleh @ Aug 30 2013, 7:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you own Moviestorm outright then you get the updates for free, if you use the subscription method then you get the update as long as your sub is still active, if you use the free version i assume you also get the update but still with whatever restrictions the free version has

Pretty sure this is still the case, it has always been the case since Moviestorm became a paid product and will, I think, continue to be so until they do a major software upgrade such as a version 2.0

But I am only a user, so hopefully Ben or another Moviestorm staff will confirm this for you

Thank you. Thats another question I keep forgetting to mention. Everytime I click any links to find out about the "Subscription Method" I end up at the page that has the full price. I'm not sure what the drawbacks would be on subscribing other than being cheaper than subscription - unless you dont get the full extras as the trial or full version.
I'd like to look into the subscription process if it means I will get an earlier start on doing my series without the watermark.

#20 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

Some great changes, very welcomed.
Thanks MS biggrin.gif
I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--