• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 johnnie

johnnie

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 860 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a good Christmas. I've got a sad announcement to make: as of January 2011, I'm no longer Moviestorm's Product Manager. It was a hard decision to make, but I've decided to leave my friends at Moviestorm and head off for pastures new.

You can still expect to see my face around here pretty regularly, but from now on I won't have a sexy MS STAFF badge next to my name. I'll also continue to be involved in the wider machinima community, particularly over on my blog www.machinimafordummies.com. Those of you who wish to do so (and who aren't offended by a truly staggering amount of expletives) can also keep in touch with me on twitter - I'm @johnnieingram over there.

I've loved working for Moviestorm. You already know how enthusiastic and dedicated the team is, but what you don't get to see is the great working atmosphere which I've been lucky enough to spend the last three-and-a-bit years immersed in. Working for Moviestorm is just as much fun (and just as much hard work) as you probably imagine it to be.

This is the first time that I haven't been back in the office at the start of January to see what exciting new bit of Moviestorm Dave's written over the holidays, so I'm looking forward to the surprise. I'll also be watching to see what great new movies you guys come up with this year. You never know: now that I've got a bit more time on my hands I might even get around to finishing one of my many half-completed movies too. If nothing else, that'd stop IceAxe nagging me about it.

I'd like to thank Moviestorm Ltd, particularly Matt and Dave, for giving me such a great opportunity working for this company in the first place, and for allowing me to learn so much along the way. Thanks also to all my colleagues, particularly the Moviestorm veteran staffers who've been with the company since my very first day: Matt, Dave, Andrew, Ben, Jules and Chris. It's been a blast, guys.

The final thank you goes to you: the Moviestorm community. Whether you're a Moviestorm veteran or a brand new user, you rock. I can honestly say that this is the best, most vibrant, most friendly online community I've ever been involved with. Thanks for making my job so much fun.

love
Johnnie
Johnnie Ingram
Co-Author, Machinima For Dummies

QUOTE (The Overcast @ July 23 2006)

#2 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3286 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:07 PM

I was just starting to wonder 'where's Johnnie?'
I hope you truly do stick around as I shall miss you much otherwise.
Good luck with your new ventures, wherever they take you.

#3 Poulet Noir

Poulet Noir

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1135 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

Yep, good luck with all your future endeavours.

PN
"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Hosting for the Urban Decay Pack thanks to Ichikaiden ... Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

#4 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:20 PM

All the best. I'm sure you'll be involved in some exciting projects, and I hope they're as much fun as Moviestorm.
smile.gif Bon vent as they say over this side of the Channel.
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

#5 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

*salutes and waves*
sad.gif
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#6 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1144 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

Sad news indeed. Thus be it wink.gif . But I wish you good luck and a happy future wherever you go. Thanks for all the help you have provided. I´m glad that you will stick around.

Keith Lawrence

#7 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:43 PM

Very sad news, but all the best for your new ventures, and don`t forget we are all like family here so do keep in touch wink.gif

#8 skratchmasta

skratchmasta

Master Director

• Mods
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

* Has something in his eye.. sniff*

We'll miss you Johnnie. The office will never be the same! sad.gif
Alex Gowland
Moviestorm Ltd.

#9 kibishipaul

kibishipaul

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 427 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

Good luck Johnnie in whatever you're doing next.

#10 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

We'll miss Johnnie, of course. He's done a hell of a lot for Moviestorm, in a variety of roles, and we wish both him and Laura well in their new endeavours.

Hopefully he'll now find the time to make some of those movies that he's been prattling on about for the last few years!

The Moviestorm Team

#11 Darth Angelus

Darth Angelus

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:09 PM

Good luck with whatever you decide to do next smile.gif

#12 equinoxx

equinoxx

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 916 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

May the road be at your back and the wind rise to meet your feet... or something like that.

*salute*
Carry on, sir.
David "equinoxx" Anderson
http://www.veoh.com/...els/equinoxxent

#13 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

Always appreciated your help, Johnnie... best wishes!
The next big thing: MOVIESTORM!

See my most recent movie: "Athena Project: Chapter 2 (Down the Rabbit-hole)"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102329

(Soon, "Athena Project 3: The Laws Of Robotics"

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#14 zuckerman

zuckerman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sad.gif

#15 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

I am a Gog, I am a Gasp, Jonnie Is leaving, Alas..... ohmy.gif

Good luck with whatever the real life world has in store for you, and keep intouch

forumsig.png

#16 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

Best of luck to you Johnnie! Bring on the movies I say! smile.gif

#17 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5373 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:14 AM

Thanks for getting me into Moviestorm via the "Dummies" book to start with Johnnie and all the best for the future!
I must say this news leaves me feeling very uncomfortable....

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#18 Robear

Robear

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 309 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:21 AM

Happy trails, Johnnie!

Good luck and best wishes!

#19 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 928 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

Johnnie - I'd like to add my thanks for your contributions as well. Your moderator/staff voice will be missed on the forums.

Good luck with your planned projects and welcome to the "movie production" side of the equation. I can't wait to see what you produce and I'm looking forward to hearing from "director" Johnnie smile.gif

#20 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

Not sure what to say Johnnie! This is sad news indeed, but if it leads you to even bigger and better things then good for you. You can look back on your time at Moviestorm with pride - for everything you've done on the forums, for keeping your customers informed, and for managing a truly great product from beta to full commercial release - that is an achievement!
On a more personal note, I too would like to thank you for bringing me to Machinima with the Dummies book - which incidentally also brought me to Moviestorm. Having made my first movie I remember PMing the then CEO saying that they should hire you (and Hugh) as you were clearly an expert in the field. Little did I realise that your genius had already been recognised and pounced upon!
Your dry sense of humour always made me chuckle, in particular I remember one exchange we had on twitter once when you'd tweeted that you were inexplicably in a bad mood - later that day you tweeted that you were much cheerier - such is the healing power of kittens. I asked you how many kittens you'd used, and your reply was "Four. One for each cheek". That really made my day!
Anyway good luck for the future. Looking forward to seeing your movie (fight or no fight...)

smile.gif