51 replies to this topic

#21 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

Hi peet,
I'm afraid that I'm unfamiliar with your exact system, could you let me know what graphics chipset you have?
Have you tried going into the Settings panel and disabling shaders to see if that makes a difference?
Lastly, have you tried temporarily disabling any third party AddOns?

Edit: Also, could you please attached a copy of your log.txt (found in Username\Moviestorm\) to your next post so that we can try to figure out what is happening?
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#22 zuckerman

zuckerman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

i have the pioneer 1.4 installed and i'm not getting an update at launch. i have reloaded MS several times and let it sit for up to five minutes each time -- no update button is appearing.

#23 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

It'sa quite possible that the "hack" that helped you to download 1.4 Pre Release is now preventing you from updating to v1.4.1.
PLease download the attached boot properties file and replace the one in your Moviestorm installation (Right click Moviestorm in the applications folder and select "Show Package Contents", then navigate to Contents\Resources\Boot and replace the old boot-mac.properties file with the one supplied).
Restart Moviestorm and hopefully it should update correctly. Let us know how you get on.

Attached Files

Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#24 zuckerman

zuckerman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Sep 10 2010, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It'sa quite possible that the "hack" that helped you to download 1.4 Pre Release is now preventing you from updating to v1.4.1.
PLease download the attached boot properties file and replace the one in your Moviestorm installation (Right click Moviestorm in the applications folder and select "Show Package Contents", then navigate to Contents\Resources\Boot and replace the old boot-mac.properties file with the one supplied).
Restart Moviestorm and hopefully it should update correctly. Let us know how you get on.

do u have the boot-win?

#25 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

Very sorry, for some reason I assumed you were a mac user...
Please find the boot-win.properties attached.

Attached Files

Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#26 peet

peet

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Sep 10 2010, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi peet,
I'm afraid that I'm unfamiliar with your exact system, could you let me know what graphics chipset you have?
Have you tried going into the Settings panel and disabling shaders to see if that makes a difference?
Lastly, have you tried temporarily disabling any third party AddOns?

Edit: Also, could you please attached a copy of your log.txt (found in Username\Moviestorm\) to your next post so that we can try to figure out what is happening?

My 1.4 would not update and if I downloaded 1.4.1 it wouldn't work correctly. I found a 1.3. download saved on an external HD I have. I started the install at 10 PM last night. It went through 3 full updates 1.3.0.2, 1.4 and 1.4.1 during the night. I got several error messages throughout the night and had to restart MS a number of times. At first I thought that it was in a perpetual install loop, but after 10 1/2 hours the install finally completed at 830 AM this morning. At this point I'm still testing.

iMac 2.66 4gb snow leopard

Thanx Amos

#27 zuckerman

zuckerman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Sep 10 2010, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very sorry, for some reason I assumed you were a mac user...
Please find the boot-win.properties attached.

that did it!!!!! biggrin.gif thank you very much.

#28 sfdex

sfdex

Master Director

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:39 PM

I'm on a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard. It took quite a while for the splash page to start the update, but once it did, there were no problems.

Occasionally Moviestorm still locks up, but by and large, it's at least as stable as it's ever been for me.

Nice improvements throughout.

- Dex

MacBook Pro - Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.66 GHz - 4 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M/9600M GT - Snow Leopard (10.6.4)

#29 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:35 PM

Amos, your download for zuck worked for me (window 7 user), too. I appreciate your help!
The next big thing: MOVIESTORM!

See my most recent movie: "Athena Project: Chapter 2 (Down the Rabbit-hole)"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102329

(Soon, "Athena Project 3: The Laws Of Robotics"

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#30 peet

peet

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (willshetterly @ Sep 9 2010, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just for a data point, I'm using an iMac 2.93 with 10.6.4, and I didn't have any problems. But it's possible I'm using a different installation of the CG Toolkit than you are. Good luck!

hey willshetterly,

here's what happened

http://www.moviestor...art=#entry65338

the cg kit is installed in several places i think...if you go to -about this Mac/software/Cg or -about this Mac/frameworks/Cg- it will give the version.. I'm probably using the same as you cg-3.0005. I think the problem might be a conflict of app preferences. If I have Moviestorm open and attempt to open Propellerheads Record, Record will immediately shut down. Moviestorm seems to have more conflicts than most apps.

Peter

#31 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:45 AM

OK, so for those of us who are still using 1.2, can we just go straight to 1.4.1 or do we need to go to 1.3 first and upgrade to 1.4.1?

Thanks in advance,

rgr

#32 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (peet @ Sep 10 2010, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the cg kit is installed in several places i think...if you go to -about this Mac/software/Cg or -about this Mac/frameworks/Cg- it will give the version.. I'm probably using the same as you cg-3.0005. I think the problem might be a conflict of app preferences. If I have Moviestorm open and attempt to open Propellerheads Record, Record will immediately shut down. Moviestorm seems to have more conflicts than most apps.

Peter, I went into frameworks and found my CG is v. 2.2.0006. I guess I haven't been updating the Toolkit, yet it's still working for me. I hope your problem isn't that you're too current. Good luck!

Will

#33 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (rgr @ Sep 11 2010, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, so for those of us who are still using 1.2, can we just go straight to 1.4.1 or do we need to go to 1.3 first and upgrade to 1.4.1?

Thanks in advance,

rgr

If you go to the downloads page you will se it is now 1.4.1 on that page, 1.2 will never update to any new version, it is fixed forever at 1.2

So, you need to go to the downloads page and download 1.4.1 directly, it will install to a seperate directory with its own addons folder etc, though i think the saved movies and stock folders are shareed.

Anyway, 1.2 will carry on working on your machine, as in you can have 1.2 installed and 'whatever the latest current verion of the subscriber version of MS is', but bear in mind that any movies you load into 1.4.1 and then save from 1.4.1 will never laod back into 1.2

Pretty sure that info is correct, but would be nice for a MS staffer t oconfirm it, though as its weekend may not happen.

#34 AngryBlack

AngryBlack

Director

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:14 PM

Now I use Moviestorm 1.3.0.2. I can't get the update of 1.4.1.
Then I read this thread and download the boot-win.properties.
After replacing the file, I got a SPAREHEADS addon, yet 1.4.1.
Now it's still 1.3.0.2......
I want to improve my English, so if there are mistakes in any of my sentences, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

#35 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (AngryBlack @ Sep 11 2010, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now I use Moviestorm 1.3.0.2. I can't get the update of 1.4.1.
Then I read this thread and download the boot-win.properties.
After replacing the file, I got a SPAREHEADS addon, yet 1.4.1.
Now it's still 1.3.0.2......

Now that 1.4.1 is out you don't need to download the boot win properties file. Just start Moviestorm as usual, but wait a few minutes. It takes some time to start updating. Also it may stall. If it stalls or something says it has failed to update, just restart the program and it will continue on where it left off.

#36 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:10 PM

OK, so firstly, at least for the Mac, the download/install does not install into it's own folder -- it gives you the option of dragging the Moviestorm application (which is a sort of "magic" Mac folder) into the Applications folder, and no option to rename it. I renamed the existing Moviestorm folder I had to 1.2, verified it still ran, and then went ahead with the install (drag and drop) of 1.4.1 as simply "Moviestorm".

So, I have it installed now, but can't open some of my movies from 1.2 because they have incompatible 3rd party assets. That's to be expected, but it also can't load movies I made in 1.2 with nothing but MS assets, either core/stock or from content packs I purchased. It's missing things like costumes, tatoos, dumpterss, bus stop assets, all things that are from MS content packs for 1.2.

I have my LOG.txt attached, so if anybody can assist, I'd be very grateful. It seems like the new install didn't download all of the content I used to have. It may be that some of that is due to pioneer packs no longer being supported or whatever, but the dumpster? the bust stop?

I also have a question about the splash screens in the launcher. As I watched this download all of the files it needed, it cycled through splash screens of what looked like Moviestorm movies. Two in particular, zombies/horror with blood spatter and blood stained clothing, and a sci fi military looking screen shot, are particularly awesome. Can anybody tell me what content packs were used to create those?

Oh, as an aside, not directly related to this install but to content in general, can anybody tell me how to get the "slap" animation? Is that included in a content pack, and if so, which one?

Thanks and sorry for being to scatter brained, I've been sick with a "flu like virus" and am a little loopy.

rgr

Attached Files

• Attached File  LOG.txt   51.18KB   1 downloads

#37 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (rgr @ Sep 11 2010, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, so firstly, at least for the Mac, the download/install does not install into it's own folder -- it gives you the option of dragging the Moviestorm application (which is a sort of "magic" Mac folder) into the Applications folder, and no option to rename it. I renamed the existing Moviestorm folder I had to 1.2, verified it still ran, and then went ahead with the install (drag and drop) of 1.4.1 as simply "Moviestorm".

So, I have it installed now, but can't open some of my movies from 1.2 because they have incompatible 3rd party assets. That's to be expected, but it also can't load movies I made in 1.2 with nothing but MS assets, either core/stock or from content packs I purchased. It's missing things like costumes, tatoos, dumpterss, bus stop assets, all things that are from MS content packs for 1.2.

I have my LOG.txt attached, so if anybody can assist, I'd be very grateful. It seems like the new install didn't download all of the content I used to have. It may be that some of that is due to pioneer packs no longer being supported or whatever, but the dumpster? the bust stop?

I also have a question about the splash screens in the launcher. As I watched this download all of the files it needed, it cycled through splash screens of what looked like Moviestorm movies. Two in particular, zombies/horror with blood spatter and blood stained clothing, and a sci fi military looking screen shot, are particularly awesome. Can anybody tell me what content packs were used to create those?

Oh, as an aside, not directly related to this install but to content in general, can anybody tell me how to get the "slap" animation? Is that included in a content pack, and if so, which one?

Thanks and sorry for being to scatter brained, I've been sick with a "flu like virus" and am a little loopy.

rgr

I spoke too soon. 1.2 is also no longer functional. I mean, it loads movies with no errors, and that's as far as I went before my last post, but when running the movie along the timeline, assets (including characters) mysteriously flash back and forth between what the *should* look like, and some creepy untextured model. It's actually not a bad effect, if that's what I was going for ... but it isn't.

So, now I'm not functional and have the Moviestorm upgrade blues.

rgr

#38 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (rgr @ Sep 11 2010, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I spoke too soon. 1.2 is also no longer functional. I mean, it loads movies with no errors, and that's as far as I went before my last post, but when running the movie along the timeline, assets (including characters) mysteriously flash back and forth between what the *should* look like, and some creepy untextured model. It's actually not a bad effect, if that's what I was going for ... but it isn't.

So, now I'm not functional and have the Moviestorm upgrade blues.

rgr

In an attempt to debug this, I renamed my 1.4 Moviestorm folder to "Moviestorm 1.4" and am re-installing a fresh 1.4 as "Moviestorm" and will see if the downloading works out any differently.

On the 1.2 front, there are too many java exceptions in the LOG.txt file for me to really know what's signal and what's noise, but there are lots of errors that look like possibly the CG toolkit upgrade I did for the 1.4 install might be the reason 1.2 is now borked. Does that sound plausible? If so, any remedies? If not, can somebody help me get 1.4 to be able to open my old movies? as in, what would I need to do in order for that to happen?

Thanks in advance,

rgr

#39 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (rgr @ Sep 12 2010, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In an attempt to debug this, I renamed my 1.4 Moviestorm folder to "Moviestorm 1.4" and am re-installing a fresh 1.4 as "Moviestorm" and will see if the downloading works out any differently.

On the 1.2 front, there are too many java exceptions in the LOG.txt file for me to really know what's signal and what's noise, but there are lots of errors that look like possibly the CG toolkit upgrade I did for the 1.4 install might be the reason 1.2 is now borked. Does that sound plausible? If so, any remedies? If not, can somebody help me get 1.4 to be able to open my old movies? as in, what would I need to do in order for that to happen?

Thanks in advance,

rgr

OK, well the downloads all seem to be finished this time, same as last. I'm left with a blue bar that says "Finished Installing DomesticDrama01" and the status line beneath it says "Finished".

Still missing assets and can't load my 1.2 movies sad.gif

rgr

#40 DemianFox

DemianFox

Film Critic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:02 AM

Here i'm with the same problem. My Moviestorm update to 1.41 this morning, and i can't load any saved movie, appear this message: CAN'T ACCESS THE SCENE. Error setting up the scene (01 first scene) . Please anyone have the solution?