Moviestorm MAX 12 month Summer Special

19 replies to this topic

#1 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

I currently have the Moviestorm MAX 12 month, 2012 Summer Special (Complete 2010) subscription for $45.00. Will this end of summer spe rolleyes.gif cial offer come again soon for this price? My subscription expires soon.
My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

If you have most of the content packs, you can get the Moviestorm Max for a year for only $40.00. Here is the link

http://www.moviestor.../hub/membership

#3 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Aug 4 2013, 4:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you have most of the content packs, you can get the Moviestorm Max for a year for only $40.00. Here is the link

http://www.moviestor.../hub/membership

Thanks for the link. I have to wait until my subscription ends before getting it for that price.

#4 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

Note that Lucinda's suggestion is about an offer that does not have any content packs with it at all; this might not be desirable if you have content packs expiring at the same time as your 1 year version.

It is possible that we are currently a bit seasonally challenged, and the MSSPRING13 (which provides a 1/3 off the price of a Moviestorm Max purchase) is apparently still active. I'm not quite sure when we will realize that it is no longer spring, but I would imagine it might be quite soon, because it seems to have been summer for a while now.

I'm not otherwise able to provide information about future offers, though.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#5 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

Note that Lucinda's suggestion is about an offer that does not have any content packs with it at all

It has content packs with it alright. Matter of fact it has the Max excluding themed packs, and is available for one year. Checked my billing statement and it is priced at $40.00. Lucinda is absolutely correct in her answer.

It isn't MSSPRING13 at all. You may want to check this out in case someone else asks about this offer.

#6 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

Different accounts have access to different things on that page; I was concerned that you might have the:
" Special offer for long term members
Since you've bought quite a few content packs, the latest membership deals may not be right for you.
We'd like to offer you a special discount deal which may suit you better. Instead of paying out for content packs and points you don't need, just get Moviestorm for a year, with no additional points or packs. "

That one does not provide any content packs at all, and is only good if you had previously permanently bought most of the content packs using points.

I'm not sure that I am seeing the one you are describing; it might be interesting to see a screenshot.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#7 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

well I bought the lifetime subscription a year ago. How much is the lifetime subscription now? That was the best deal and I don't think it was expensive at all when I got it.

#8 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Aug 5 2013, 8:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Different accounts have access to different things on that page; I was concerned that you might have the:
" Special offer for long term members
Since you've bought quite a few content packs, the latest membership deals may not be right for you.
We'd like to offer you a special discount deal which may suit you better. Instead of paying out for content packs and points you don't need, just get Moviestorm for a year, with no additional points or packs. "

That one does not provide any content packs at all, and is only good if you had previously permanently bought most of the content packs using points.

I'm not sure that I am seeing the one you are describing; it might be interesting to see a screenshot.

Ben thanks for responding. Just to clarify the matter, this is what I currently have:

Purchased Moviestorm (1 year subscription) Max bundle on August 8, 2012 for $40.00 under the end of summer sale. This package includes all of moviestorm content packs excluding themed packs which I purchase additional points to use Valentine, After Dark, 1AD, Sword Fighting, Construction, Filters 2 and 3.

I'd like to continue with this $40.00 a year subscription if it's still available once my yearly subscription expires on August 8, 2013. I don't mind purchasing additional MS points for the themed packs as long as I can get the yearly subscription for $40.00 as before. I cannot afford the lifetime subscription or anything above that price at the moment, so this deal works for me. Now, if I can get the themed content included which I don't have to purchase additional points, I'd be more than happy to see that bundled into the same price. If not, I hope I may continue my subscription for the current price.

Hope this clarifies some matters. Thank you.

#9 rampa

rampa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1220 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

The themed packs are the best deal. You get a lifetime subscription and about a dozen addons for $75.

#10 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

I don't think that deal is available anymore, although I've let Andrew know that it is now a year since we did a 1 year max deal, and that it might be a good time for something similar.

That said, I would agree with Rampa about the Theme Bundles being a good value choice.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#11 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Aug 5 2013, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think that deal is available anymore, although I've let Andrew know that it is now a year since we did a 1 year max deal, and that it might be a good time for something similar.

That said, I would agree with Rampa about the
CODE
Theme Bundles being a good value choice

No, the 1 year max deal worked fine for me, with the option of purchasing additional MS points as needed. The themed bundles are too limited for me value wise or otherwise. I'd hoped to renew the 1 year max bundle as before, but now I'll have to consider whether I'll continue with moviestorm.

#12 joeysiedl

joeysiedl

Film Critic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

my 1year bundle will also end this august and I would be interessted in an overview of all different offers that will be available then. Unfortunatly I don't have much money for the next two months so I have to compare and thinking about what to do next...
But important for me is:
Will my saved files still exist after the year is over soon?
ROCKNROLL

#13 Nytician

Nytician

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

Im in a similar predicament... I'd love to buy a lifetime membership but Im not too interested in paying yearly as I never feel like I actually own anything I do ><.

Is there any chance of getting an option like this? Perhaps without any packs just for the core program and then I can gradually buy the packs as I go?

Thanks!

#14 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1143 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (joeysiedl @ Aug 6 2013, 4:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But important for me is:
Will my saved files still exist after the year is over soon?

Yes. The saved files is on your computer and will work fine if you take a break and buy it later.

QUOTE (Nytician @ Aug 21 2013, 8:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im in a similar predicament... I'd love to buy a lifetime membership but Im not too interested in paying yearly as I never feel like I actually own anything I do ><.

Is there any chance of getting an option like this? Perhaps without any packs just for the core program and then I can gradually buy the packs as I go?

Thanks!

Not sure if this is an answer to your question. But for $75 you get the core for lifetime. It`s worth it!

#15 Nytician

Nytician

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

Hey is thats true its awesome but that link just takes me to a generic buy page nothing shows lifetime. Is it because im in the UK? Or do I get it lifetime if I buy the £50 one and rent the packs is that how it works?

#16 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5331 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (Nytician @ Aug 22 2013, 8:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey is thats true its awesome but that link just takes me to a generic buy page nothing shows lifetime. Is it because im in the UK? Or do I get it lifetime if I buy the £50 one and rent the packs is that how it works?

MS are a UK company. Do you not see an option "Buy (perpetual)" ? That is a lifetime option.
Maybe you need to login?
It consists of the base engine and a themed pack of contents. You can then buy other packs as required.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#17 Nytician

Nytician

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Aug 21 2013, 8:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MS are a UK company. Do you not see an option "Buy (perpetual)" ? That is a lifetime option.
Maybe you need to login?
It consists of the base engine and a themed pack of contents. You can then buy other packs as required.

Nope I'm logged in but it doesnt show perpetual at all. I get two options MS Max £150 and MS £50 with 1 content pack... So if I buy it will it automatically be lifetime for the core software?

#18 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5331 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Nytician @ Aug 22 2013, 8:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope I'm logged in but it doesnt show perpetual at all. I get two options MS Max £150 and MS £50 with 1 content pack... So if I buy it will it automatically be lifetime for the core software?

Weird, I am surprised there is only one content pack. Normally the themed bundles have several, but yes it will be "lifetime".

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#19 Nytician

Nytician

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

Sorry 1 themed bundle. I think it comes with multipul packs under that! Okay thats great then biggrin.gif. I will buy this weekend but the issue now is that clicking but just says 'you have no items in your cart' and wont let me pay. O.O

#20 JhnJhnsn2002

JhnJhnsn2002

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

I bought the $40 one-year subscription last August and it has now expired. My plan was to put a little money into my Paypal account each month so that I would now have $225 available to buy Moviestorm Max. That didn't happen.
I can manage $75 so my new plan is to buy a themed pack and buy additional content packs as often as I can.(On the upside, Moviestorm Max includes a few content packs I don't really need.)
I just want to verify something.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong; When I go to "My Account" and click on "Buy Now", any special deal available to me will be displayed. So what I see is what I [can] get.
In addition, if anyone has any advice to offer, I will gladly listen.
Thanks in advance.

John Johnson

-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users