Photo

Babies 'R Animated and children and horses too!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:09 AM

Bongoman animated the babies I made for Moviestorm. Contact Bongoman for distribution of this addon and go to http://moviestorm.co...Servlet?id=3065 to see his demo of the baby and his other great movies.

Did someon want children? Well here are a boy and a girl for you. to download. Everything is scalable, movable and tintable. The girls breathe.

http://lucindamc123.com/CH2.rar

I am experimenting with animated animals. This horse is tintable, scalable and movable. And he also has a moving body so he looks more realistic. To have a puppet sit on the horse's back, raise the walk icon up and have the puppet crouch. Size the horse to fit. For a realistic ride, shoot your background by moving your camera across and around you rset. Then shoot the puppet against a greenscreen background.

Put the two clips together in your video editor.

Download the addon at http://lucindamc123.com/AN3.rar

Music by Carl Cubbedge

Here in My Life, words, music and performance by Carl Cubbedge. Music used with permission.

http://podsafeaudio....s/734/music.php

http://www.moviestor...Servlet?id=3070

#2 geoff-uk

geoff-uk

Director

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:59 AM

That looks excellent. I wonder how it is possible to make animated props. :mrgreen:

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:45 AM

Bongoman animated the babies for me. He did a brief tutorial on how to do this with Blender and then import them into Moviestorm. The thread is here:

http://www.moviestor.../list/5206.page

The way I get movement from myother props is that I use the Wind sway function. That is dependent upon the material used in the prop. So with the horse, I made sure that the entire horse used the same material. When I applied wind sway, it makes him look like he is moving a bit. I did the same thing with the girls in the movie. It is actually because their clothes are large and stick out that the clothes move. The boys shirts were just painted on their body so the wind sway didn't work as effectively so I left it off.

I am learning to do animation also I have Maya which is pretty easy to use however, unfortunately even though I now have Sketchup Pro and can export any of my models as about any type of 3d compatible with a wide range of programs, for some reason Maya won't import the textures. The meshes are quite complex and to redo all the textures would be too much work.

Blender has no problem importing my entire model, but Blender is hard to use. No clear cut menus for tool use and the computer commands for use of the tools are not clearcut or the same as other graphic arts programs.

#4 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:08 PM

Thx for the plug Lucinda, and, you're welcome. It's still a frustrating process for me. I've been making an animated T-Rex for steelblade, the 1st 2 worked fine, but the 3rd animation, a moveable walk animation, didn't come through and I still havent figured out why it didn't work and the other 2 did.

Maya has always had problems with textures from what I've heard. The best thing you can do is put the texs in the same folder as the file Maya is trying to read so that the texs have the best chance of being found (same goes for Blender imports too).

#5 steelblade

steelblade

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 728 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:41 PM

These all look very good, though the kids are pretty shiny. Nice work, Luc. smile.gif

#6 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

Excellent work Lucinda and kudo's also to bongoman for animating the babies very sweet.
If you want to de-shine them, go into the workshop and for every material reduce the shiny factor to zero, although I have found if the material does not have a texture attached it just makes it go white, so I usually max it out (128 ) which makes the shiny tiny :mrgreen:

Regards
David

Moviestorm still Number One

#7 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

That was the lighting on the kids. I had to have the lighting high to make the AA kids show up.

I am trying Milkshape now and I like it a lot better than Blender. So does anyone use Milkshape and do they know how to import an animation from Milkshape into Moviestorm.

I actually need to first learn to animate them. And for Wonder Boy we are doing a lot of this on Greenscreen with a Moviestorm background and sets because there are just too many large group fighting type scenes and other types of animations that Moviestorm can't do.

I just redid the horse and will have a better one to show today sometime. The trick to making wind sway work so that your model moves nicely without any cuts or gaps showing through is to use the same material on the whole model, color both back and front faces and do not omit the back faces. If you don't omit the back faces, you will get some scaling but if you soften your mod enough in Sketchup, it will still look pretty good. The ne I just did, I was able to have the hoofs, tail, nose, eyes and ears a different color and I got a good look with wind sway because I colored both front and back faces and even all the edges and I exploded all the components.

I will try the thing with Maya. It is a shame that it has problems with textures because it is really a pretty easy program to learn and the animation and rendering is beautiful.

For props that aren't so high poly, I can retexture them but for human models, the mesh is just so detailed and it doesn't even import faces, only the mesh which means you have to redraw the entire mesh.

#8 steelblade

steelblade

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 728 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

(davidwww)
Excellent work Lucinda and kudo's also to bongoman for animating the babies very sweet.

Bongoman isn't Bongoman anymore. After helping me with an animated dinosaur (Coming soon) He is now Bonga the Magnificent. smile.gif

#9 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:38 PM

It would be nice if you all would also watch my movie because I am the one who created the baby prop. Thanks a lot.

Anyway, I was wrong about Maya not handling the textures. It doesn't show them at first but as soon as you go to 3d paint it assigns the textures and they were all perfect.

So it looks like i will be able to animate props in Maya either for use in Moviestorm or for more complex characters as greenscreen. Maya is really easy to use. That is how it is with programs that are expensive. They always have good tutorials and easy menus to understand. I have Maya Unlimited

I am learning now to assign joints and that seems to be going well. I am starting with a horse but it might be better if I did an eagle or the dolphin. I will see how the horse goes and switch to a simpler one if it is too complex. Ia also now have Sketchup Pro which is very nice because I can export to many different 3d formats with the pro version.

#10 William87

William87

Novice director

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

So how do I use this addon, Lucinda or anyone else?

I've donwloaded both and extracted the addon file into my MS addon folder. But when I look in the MS settings I don't see the mods installed.

What to do?

#11 William87

William87

Novice director

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:54 PM

Nevermind! Forgot I had to click the install button, haha. :shock:

#12 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:58 PM

Oh good I am glad you figured it out. I always test my addons. I actually create them all in one Moviestorm installation that has no addons, just the basic program and then I open my main Moviestorm program and install them. I know if I can install them and find them in my props, then other people can use them too.

#13 mcornetto

mcornetto

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:32 PM

Hey Lucinda,

Was looking for this addon and the links don't seem to work.

Cheers.

#14 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (mcornetto @ Dec 10 2010, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Lucinda,

Was looking for this addon and the links don't seem to work.

Cheers.

Here try this one:

http://lucindamc123.com/CH2.rar

I just tested it and it does work. You will get a popup box that just asks if you want to open or save the file. Do you have popup blockers on your browser because that might interfere with getting the addon.

Oh I haven't imported the horse into Moviestorm 1.4 yet but I can do that this weekend and publish it.

#15 mcornetto

mcornetto

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:53 AM

Yep got it thanks.

But from the pics associated with this I thought it had a baby. Is there one with a baby? I just need to fill the crib I got from David's addon.

Cheers.

#16 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (mcornetto @ Dec 10 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep got it thanks.

But from the pics associated with this I thought it had a baby. Is there one with a baby? I just need to fill the crib I got from David's addon.

Cheers.

The animated baby should be in there. Let me know. I am opening Moviestorm now but it is downloading and installing some updates and as soon as I can get into the Modder's Workshop, I will republish the animated babies.

#17 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:26 AM

You are right, the babies aren't in that one. I will look for the right addon and give you the link then.

#18 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:36 AM

Here is the link for the babies.

https://www.sugarsyn...91_057951_46381

Now I updated this into 1.3 so it should work in 1.4 but let me know if it does not and I will republish it.

#19 mcornetto

mcornetto

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 475 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:37 AM

Got it. It works perfectly. Thanks so much.

#20 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (mcornetto @ Dec 11 2010, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got it. It works perfectly. Thanks so much.

The new children I have created will be out tomorrow. Glad it worked.