• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1143 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

I need to convert a .mov file to .webm so I can use it in MS.
However, when I convert it in MiroVideoConverter the quality gets really bad and there is no way (as far as I know) to adjust the quality.

I need another converter (or is it simply how it is... no way to keep the quality with webm?)

Preferably to mac

I have no problem converting from webm to others and still keep the quality

#2 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

'Any Video Converter', I believe, has quite a few more options than Miro.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#3 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

try this its not free, and only converts the first 5 mins of any video longer than 5 mins or half of anything under 5 mins. http://www.bigasoft....-converter.html

work around: break up your vids to segments of 5mins 10seconds so that you get a 5 min videos then add all your clips togther in an outside editor

forumsig.png

#4 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1143 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Apr 18 2012, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
'Any Video Converter', I believe, has quite a few more options than Miro.

True but no webm (that I could see)

#5 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1143 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (andy_price @ Apr 18 2012, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
try this its not free, and only converts the first 5 mins of any video longer than 5 mins or half of anything under 5 mins. http://www.bigasoft....-converter.html

work around: break up your vids to segments of 5mins 10seconds so that you get a 5 min videos then add all your clips togther in an outside editor

Yup, that one worked and gave good quality. Problem is that I only need to convert a 6 sec clip and $35 is to much for 6 sec. (the trial ver only converts half of the file for clips under 5min)

Anyone know of a good free version?

#6 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (keithlawrence @ Apr 18 2012, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True but no webm (that I could see)

The version I have installed does have webm options; I would imagine that they would be in the most recent version too.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#7 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

if you added five mins of black to the end of your clip, then you could convert it and remove the black in an external editor

forumsig.png

#8 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Go to

http://dvdvideosoft.com

They have a free video converter and it converts WebM too now. Their software is free and it is all excellent.

#9 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (keithlawrence @ Apr 18 2012, 06:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, that one worked and gave good quality. Problem is that I only need to convert a 6 sec clip and $35 is to much for 6 sec. (the trial ver only converts half of the file for clips under 5min)

Anyone know of a good free version?

Hey Keith, the free version of Any Video Converter does have webm as an option.

Did you get the latest version?

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#10 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1143 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Apr 18 2012, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The version I have installed does have webm options; I would imagine that they would be in the most recent version too.

Hmm, strange. I looked once more but could not see it. Under wich "Profile" do you have it? Not even the "Gphone Profile" had it

QUOTE (andy_price @ Apr 18 2012, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you added five mins of black to the end of your clip, then you could convert it and remove the black in an external editor

You´re smart! I´ll try

#11 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

I've not used it much, but my interface looks like this after clicking on the dropdown for output profile.

Attached Files

Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#12 victoryox

victoryox

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

You can go and download Clone2Go Free Video Converter to help you. It can be used to convert video files to avi, mpg, flv, etc.

http://www.clone2go....s/freevideo.php

Besides, it features an easy-to-use YouTube downloader, which lets you download videos from YouTube as mp4, flv or 3gp files in a snap.

#13 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1143 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (victoryox @ Apr 24 2012, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can go and download Clone2Go Free Video Converter to help you. It can be used to convert video files to avi, mpg, flv, etc.

http://www.clone2go....s/freevideo.php

Besides, it features an easy-to-use YouTube downloader, which lets you download videos from YouTube as mp4, flv or 3gp files in a snap.

Nope, no webm there

#14 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (keithlawrence @ Apr 24 2012, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, no webm there

You can get a free one at http://dvdvideosoft.com. They have a lot of other great free video and audio editing programs too.

#15 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

I use the converter from avs4you.com I had someone ask me if I used one because he could not find a converter (the free kind) that didnt screw up the video somehow. He said that this converter was great. Their audio ware is not mac compatible, but I dont see that their video converter is specific to windows. Anyhow there is a free trial so you can always find out. I strted converting to webm before uploading to youtube because well it takes forever to upload otherwise. Anyhow I know for a fact that this converter works well for webm however i am not sure if the software works with a mac smile.gif

www.avs4you.com

also not free unfortunately I think you will find the free converters well "give you what you pay for" haha. You can use this trial I am pretty sure free of hassle for 30 days though.

#16 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

AVSFORYOU is a great site. I subscribed for only I think $39.95 and I can get any program I want for free.

#17 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 25 2012, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AVSFORYOU is a great site. I subscribed for only I think $39.95 and I can get any program I want for free.

when i used their editors etc i simply purchased the liftetime sub and everything gets upgraded when new things happen.

I still use bits of their software mostly the converters even though i moved on to better video editing software but for someone starting out its a great little package all the stuff works well.

#18 Fieldbedl

Fieldbedl

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:21 AM

HandBrake can convert videos and rip DVD files. Also I have converted some videos with this method: http://www.videoconv...mp4-to-avi.html .The good point is it can do batch conversion but I find the video size is too large to expect.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users