2 replies to this topic

#1 TallPaul

TallPaul

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

Hi All,

I just started using Moviestorm last night. I placed two actors on a set, and had both of them sit on a couch. At first, they sit with their hands on their knees, which is fine. But if they lean back at all, their hands come up off their knees matching the action of leaning back, as if their elbows are locked at 90 degrees. How do you stop this from occurring? Is there a more natural way of saying "Keep {this part of their body} in this position until I direct otherwise" (or) "Lock these two objects (i.e., hand and knee) together until I direct differently"

Thanks, looking forward to a solution!

Paul

#2 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:09 PM

If you're asking for a feature similar to the "exclude this from animation" in iClone, I'm afraid there's not such a thing in Moviestorm, but in fact you can apply at any time any gesture which fits better what you have in mind.  If they are not denied by the posture animation ("lean back"), it will do the trick.

Keep in mind there two main kinds of puppet's solo animations:

- Postures, which modify the base pose of the puppet (stand, sit, lay on floor, etc) and use to drive the root bone of the puppet (global translation or rotation of its body).

- Gestures, which are devised to blend with other animations, including other gestures, the current posture and maybe other kind of animations (interactions with props and/or other puppet)

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#3 TallPaul

TallPaul

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:10 AM

Thanks, yeah I think I have a handle on the Postures and Gestures! Sometimes randomness happens for no reason, and I am trying to think of ways to handle those!