• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Daveman

Daveman

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:28 PM

Okay, I realize most folks using Moviestorm just want to use the basics on editing, others have the cool video editing software to do fancy stuff, below is a link to a helpful video, on when and why to use certain cuts and transitions and when not to.  I dont have the uber fancy editors either. Well - I do but I'm too lazy to use them - lol. I used Corel VideoStudio, its affordable and plenty good enough for my basic editing and transitions. Anywho...., simpletons like myself, and advanced editors both can glean helpful information to aid you in putting together a video/film. While its geared for real world, live action stuff - it's 100% applicable to animation scenes. I hope this video from Pond5 answers questions a lot of people have on when and why to apply certain cuts and transitions. Follow this YouTube link..,

https://youtu.be/Fu3vhFlXV0w

#2 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

Thank you for the link. Much appreciated. Always willing to learn something new every day.

I have got both Sony Movie Studio HD 14 and Corel Videostrudio X7 too, though haven't had the chance to actually use them in a MS project thus far.  Who knows, maybe some day I manage to get some project with a minimum of complexity into post-production...  :)

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#3 Daveman

Daveman

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

Thank you for the link. Much appreciated. Always willing to learn something new every day.

I have got both Sony Movie Studio HD 14 and Corel Videostrudio X7 too, though haven't had the chance to actually use them in a MS project thus far.  Who knows, maybe some day I manage to get some project with a minimum of complexity into post-production...  :)

I'm a firm believer that really good films can and have been made just using basic cuts & simple transitions. Fade to black (or fade to white), cross-fade and jump cuts. That's primarily my go to. Anything else just depends on the subject and complexity of my scene.
   I'm no professional by any stretch. If I were, I'd be using HitFilm express., because it's the best free pro level video editing software out anywhere. I have it but gives me a headache trying to learn it - lol.  Too huge a learning curve for my poor wittle brain to deal with.  Corel VideoStudio 7 is easy and fun to learn. I've heard good things about Sony Movie Studio as well.