• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:13 PM

rgr: The log you posted says that there are some missing assets. This is because some of the packs are being (gradually) retired, and no longer download automatically. If you start the launcher, and click 'get more content' you should have the option of downloading the old Photostorm and Greetingstorm packs.
Hopefully this will make a difference to getting your movies loaded.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#42 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (DemianFox @ Sep 12 2010, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here i'm with the same problem. My Moviestorm update to 1.41 this morning, and i can't load any saved movie, appear this message: CAN'T ACCESS THE SCENE. Error setting up the scene (01 first scene) . Please anyone have the solution?

When you have something like this, attaching the log.txt from just after the error occured can help us work out what is going wrong. (Using the Upload with browsing for a file to attach).

There are some update errors that several people have been having, which we have not yet managed to reproduce, althoguh some of them have managed to get things working with a fresh install.

If, when you try to start a new movie, you get the same problem, then it would seem you are also in this category, and it will be worth trying to reinstall (sorry).
If, however, the new movie works fine, then the problem is with which assets your movie is requiring.
It might be worth trying the sugestions I just made to rgr in the previous post.

If that doesnt help, then it might be usefull for us to have a copy of the movie, to try to work out why it isnt loading. You could zip up the folder for that movie, and send it to me at ben (dot) sanders (at) moviestorm (dot) co (dot) uk, and I can look at it when I am back at work tomorrow.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#43 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Sep 12 2010, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rgr: The log you posted says that there are some missing assets. This is because some of the packs are being (gradually) retired, and no longer download automatically. If you start the launcher, and click 'get more content' you should have the option of downloading the old Photostorm and Greetingstorm packs.
Hopefully this will make a difference to getting your movies loaded.

Ben, I think some of the other missing assets are already available in new packs. Is there any way you can sort of guide me towards the new packs that have these assets, or is going back to the photostorm/greetingsotrm packs my only option here? I'm trying to be forward looking smile.gif

I also now believe some of the missing assets are older pioneer packs that I probably also don't want to bring forward. I probably need to just bite the bullet and recreate some content (or even a lot of content wink.gif ) but that may not be such a bad thing.

rgr

#44 DemianFox

DemianFox

Film Critic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:17 AM

I solved my problem! Now i can open the old scenes completely. Uninstalling and reinstalling the program from the start by adding all the packs again later. ¬°Now works!

#45 radstorm

radstorm

Novice director

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:46 PM

It is now free? Does this mean no more monthly fee?
* This World Belongs To You *

#46 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (radstorm @ Sep 13 2010, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is now free? Does this mean no more monthly fee?

I'm guessing you are refering to this line:
Moviestorm 1.4.1 is now available free to all users.

No, it doesn't mean that there is no monthly fee. It means that there is no upgrade fee, and that people on 7 day trials (or 1 month trials) can also upgrade. (As opposed to the 1.4 preview which was supposed to only be available to subscibers).

Sorry for any confusion.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#47 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (rgr @ Sep 12 2010, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ben, I think some of the other missing assets are already available in new packs. Is there any way you can sort of guide me towards the new packs that have these assets, or is going back to the photostorm/greetingsotrm packs my only option here? I'm trying to be forward looking smile.gif

I also now believe some of the missing assets are older pioneer packs that I probably also don't want to bring forward. I probably need to just bite the bullet and recreate some content (or even a lot of content wink.gif ) but that may not be such a bad thing.

rgr

That is true; Photostorm-Cartoon has it's assets available in CartoonWorld, Photostorm-Miami has its assets available in SummerCollection2010 and MiamiBeachfront.

Photostorm-Scene, however, (which was definatly one of the ones in your log) isnt yet in other packs.
The same applies to the Photostorm and Greetingstorm packs to do with Bones, Valentines and Holidays.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#48 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

A number of people have been encountering problems with the patch (including not being able to load any of their saved movies, and not being able to go into the dressing room in a new movie).

Please look at this thread: http://www.moviestor...;showtopic=9428
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#49 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

There's one thing that irritates me.
Since it's advisable to create several movies and edit them together in a 3rd party software (instead of creating many scenes within a movie), I of course have to save characters to stock in order to use them across several movies.

When I go to the Dressing View Room in a new movie, there is a default character named Star (which I don't need in case I have already created my cast). I then import my first custom character, but the name is not imported but remains Star; and I have to rename my imported character again. Why this?

#50 ehughes

ehughes

Master Director

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (willshetterly @ Sep 10 2010, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, but I haven't had time to do a proper movie in a while. I start it up for each new version and play a little, admiring the changes, but I haven't given the most recent versions a thorough workout.

I forget where the toolkit is installed. If you can tell me, I'll let you know which version I'm using.

Are you able to delete the 1.4 you had previously as well as 1.3? I am afraid to uninstall mine. I had to install the 1.4.1 from the web site after the previous 1.4 got all buggy. Apparently, two broken mod packs were an issue and there was no way to remove the mod packs from moviestorm to fix the issue. I couldn't open the files.

#51 rgr

rgr

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Sep 13 2010, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is true; Photostorm-Cartoon has it's assets available in CartoonWorld, Photostorm-Miami has its assets available in SummerCollection2010 and MiamiBeachfront.

Photostorm-Scene, however, (which was definatly one of the ones in your log) isnt yet in other packs.
The same applies to the Photostorm and Greetingstorm packs to do with Bones, Valentines and Holidays.

Ben, any thoughts on why MS 1.2 can no longer render its content correctly? This is a fairly unimportant issue for me, but I am curious and would be willing to run any tests you can think of to try and figure out why that is. The two versions are apparently not hermetic on my machine for some reason, but I was under the impression they were supposed to be.

Thanks

rgr

#52 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (rgr @ Sep 20 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ben, any thoughts on why MS 1.2 can no longer render its content correctly? This is a fairly unimportant issue for me, but I am curious and would be willing to run any tests you can think of to try and figure out why that is. The two versions are apparently not hermetic on my machine for some reason, but I was under the impression they were supposed to be.

Thanks

rgr

Not sure. I would need logs to get an idea as to what is going wrong.

Possible answers as to why two versions have similar problems might include:
It's something to do with your configuration file (machinimascope.properties) that is used by both versions.
It's something to do with a saved movie that has been opened with both versions.
It's something to do with your codec's and afects any Moviestorm versions that try to use those codecs.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd