• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 648 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:19 AM

Over the weekend I renewed the domains for the Passion Competition for another year and in January will be renewing the hosting.

The contest will be back in 2017 with some minor changes.  One change will be in the writing category.  This time we will go with scripts.  Nothing firm yet but I will be working on what kind and what will be expected in the next few months.  I will probably ask for input to help me finalize the specifics from the community.  There will also be changes on what can be submitted but those changes are still being worked on.

The official planning won't start until early February and I will keep everyone updated as we go

The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#2 aroundworld

aroundworld

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Film - writing - directing - aviation - traveling - machinema - reading - acting -

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:40 AM

That's good news, Harb!  Cant wait to see what you develop!

Cheers,

Steve A

There is no try, only do or do not.

Learn story telling in the MOVIESTORM education forum. 

START HERE:  http://www.moviestor...showtopic=13153

#3 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:20 PM

Thank you, Harb.

Not exactly the contester breed here but glad to know the PC is back.

Best wishes.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#4 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 648 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:29 PM

The Passion Competition submission period for 2017 will be from July 15th until October 28th.  Theme to be announce around July 1st.

I am starting to contact the sponsors we currently have and also a couple former sponsors to see if they will sign on again.

There will be a video category but I am not sure if I will go forward with the script writing category or not. It doesn't seem like there is much interest in keeping the writing category going.

I will have to give this much thought.

#5 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 648 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:14 AM

While contacting and negotiating with potential sponsors one thing keeps popping up, lack of participation.

In 2015 we had to go with a tiered prize system.  The more the entries the better the prizes.  We will have to do that again this year.  Here is how the tiers are working out so far:

1-8 entries will see a very small cash prize (maybe $25) for first place and that is it.

8-15 entries will see a larger cash prize (maybe $50) and possibly something from Moviestorm for first place only and maybe a small cash prize for 2nd but doubtful.

15-35 entries will receive decent prizes for first and second place and a small cash prize for 3rd.

35+ entries will see the good prizes and possibly up to 5 places.  4 places for 35-40.  5 places for 40+.

Not sure how the script writing category will be dealt with yet.

We were lucky in the past to be able to offer great prizes no matter what but sponsors want to see results.  Unless we can get max participation, sponsors will not be returning which means the Passion Competition will become just like Lionhead, a thing of the past.

#6 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 648 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:33 AM

**May 23, 1017**

Our current prize list.  Still hoping to hear back from a couple more potential sponsors.

#7 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 648 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:03 AM

***July 3***

Our first video ad for 2017