• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 tilarium

tilarium

Film Critic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:22 AM

Is it just me not seeing it, or is after dark no longer in the marketplace? I went to buy some new packs and that was going to be one of them, but I can't find it for the life of me.

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5410 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (tilarium @ Jun 10 2011, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it just me not seeing it, or is after dark no longer in the marketplace?

If not, then it certainly is hiding. I could have sworn I saw it a few days ago. You do have to be signed in and to have set your birthdate to show you are over 18 but even so, I can't see it anywhere at the moment.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 tilarium

tilarium

Film Critic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jun 10 2011, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If not, then it certainly is hiding. I could have sworn I saw it a few days ago. You do have to be signed in and to have set your birthdate to show you are over 18 but even so, I can't see it anywhere at the moment.

I know it was there at the end of April, I rented it by mistake (thought it was on buy) and it wouldn't let me buy it while it was rented. Then I went away, now I'm back, the rent (that I never got to use!) is up and was going to buy it, and now it's gone. Man, so frustrating.

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5410 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:56 AM

Well they haven't announced anything, so I would assume it is still available, but it comes in a brown paper bag and they have to get it down from the top shelf. Maybe someone went off with the ladders wink.gif

#5 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:12 AM

Hmmm...I didn't see it either. Maybe there was a problem they had to fix?

Or someone needed some private time with it.smile.gif

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#6 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5410 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (corthew @ Jun 10 2011, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or someone needed some private time with it.smile.gif

Well if they have tossed it, it seems a bit premature wink.gif

#7 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:58 AM

if you look at the menu bar at the top of this page you will see a link for "My Downloads" if you click that you will be taken to a page that list everything you have ever downloaded, scroll through this list till you find "After Dark" there you find the link to the addon

forumsig.png

#8 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

It's hard not to jump to the conclusion that they've de-emphasised the after dark pack due to the new focus on education.

#9 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5410 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (kkffoo @ Jun 10 2011, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's hard not to jump to the conclusion that they've de-emphasised the after dark pack due to the new focus on education.

And now they are moving into religion! AAAARRRGGGHHHH! wink.gif

#10 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 673 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:47 AM

This could pose an interesting question. If they removed it from the marketplace (as it looks like they did), will it still be available for those who purchased it? If one had to remove the program and then reload (hard drive reboot, replace hard drive, etc), will it still be included in the downloads when you reinstall and get the updates after installing?

This might be best answered by one of the staff.
The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#11 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (andy_price @ Jun 10 2011, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you look at the menu bar at the top of this page you will see a link for "My Downloads" if you click that you will be taken to a page that list everything you have ever downloaded, scroll through this list till you find "After Dark" there you find the link to the addon

That's good for those who already have it but will it show there for Tilarium?

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#12 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:35 AM

I'm curious,

Here is the link to download that I see following Andy's instructions.

http://www.moviestor...itServlet?id=53

Tilarium, can you use that link? Does it give you a purchase option when you install it?

#13 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jun 10 2011, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well they haven't announced anything, so I would assume it is still available, but it comes in a brown paper bag and they have to get it down from the top shelf. Maybe someone went off with the ladders wink.gif

That is a reasonable metaphor for it's current situation.

Corthew's instructions in the previous post are about the only way to get it now; download it first, then install it, then you should be able to buy or renew via the launcher.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#14 tilarium

tilarium

Film Critic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

The account history, it's there, but it didn't have a link like all the others (that was the first thing I tried yesterday) I still get the option to renew the rent but I don't like renting, I prefer buying. I don't have as much time to work on movies as I used to and take months to make just movie. For instance, when I rented it back in April (thought it was on buy!), I never got to use it because a week later I had to put things on hold for a short while, wasted 50 points. Is there any way to beable to buy it?

#15 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

You should be able to buy or rent from within the launcher.
Once it is installed (which it seems you have managed), click 'get more content' then look at the list of packs. The relevant pack should have a 'Buy' button beside it, which will give you a popup window that checks with our server for how many moviestorm points you have, and lets you choose a 1 month rental or a permanent purchace.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#16 tilarium

tilarium

Film Critic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

Ok, bought, thanks! It was showing "renew" and "uninstall" I didn't want to rent again, so was hesitent to hit the renew button.

#17 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

It is quite possible that the renew button (within the big addon list) replaces the buy button; it should bring up the interface to choose to renew for one month or buy permanently.

The bit to avoid is when a list of addons (text with tick boxes beside them) that have just expired pops up - that only provides the option to renew things for 1 month.
You can cancel that, and go renew for either 1 month or permanently, from the big addon list (with discriptions and pictures).
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#18 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jun 10 2011, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And now they are moving into religion! AAAARRRGGGHHHH! wink.gif

Whats Wrong with that? Religion Over the Years Has caused many conflicts, and Conflict is a necessity in any good movie! I mean I don't Care much for Religion my self and Nether did Jesus, when he walked the earth (he continuously made the Religious Leaders of his time Very mad at Him)!

If any thing MS Has opened up scripts possibilities big time, with it's up coming content release, Alladin, the 40 theives, and a whole wack of fantasy, & SciFi, type movies, I am so Excited!

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#19 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5410 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (PapaG @ Jun 11 2011, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't Care much for Religion my self and Nether did Jesus

<EDIT> Good we are in agreement then wink.gif</EDIT>

#20 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

Jesus died so I wouldn't have to suffer (apparently).

But it doesn't seem to be working.