• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:52 AM

Other possible problems you might encounter would be that cameras can be keyframed relative to objects or characters (for cameras which are not entirely free shots). Copy/Pasting the keyframes wont work very well in those cases, unless the same things are in the new frame.

You can save a set to stock, to create a backup of it, and to have it for use in future movies or scenes. (The stock options are in the set workshop, using the box icon).

You can also load in a different set to an existing scene, and camera work you have will stay, provided it is all based on free shots.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#22 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:22 AM

Yes Ben but I wanted something special...

I wanted to show an interior of this building from an exterior view. I first built the exterior (with Green Screens in the windows) and saved it as a "stock" set. I then created a new scene, loaded the set, built an interior where the building was, and then stripped the set. Once all that was done, I copied the camera's keyframe in the MScope from scene one to scene two. Once both cameras were rendered, I chroma keyed them in Vegas Movie Studio.

Neither the exterior or interior are finished sets but here is my first test shot.

http://www.moviestor...eServlet?id=457 (fixed)

Go for the "Download" if you want to see the details.

#23 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:44 AM

Sounds interesting; that was the wrong link though (but I eventually found it at http://www.moviestor...eServlet?id=457).

I think my point was that you can create your two sets (interior and exterior+greenscreens), and have them both saved as stock sets. Then you can create a scene with the exterior set, do your camera work, record it, then load the other stock set, still in the same scene, and play back your camera again with the interior set.

I think that achieves much the same thing as copying the keyframes from one mscope to another.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#24 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:49 AM

Uh...what? Does loading the second set completely replace the first set? If so, that is wonderful. If not, that could be a real pain.

#25 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:12 PM

Yes, loading a stock set completely replaces the current set. And thus breaks interactions with the current set (which goes).
So target shot cameras wont have the thing they are targeting anymore, but free shot cameras should still have their tracks in place.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#26 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:07 PM

Yeah, I just went and checked it out. Thanks Ben. This is one cool little feature. Why don't I see more examples of it? Or do I?

#27 Overman

Overman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 562 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

(AngriBuddhist)
Neither the exterior or interior are finished sets but here is my first test shot.

http://www.moviestor...eServlet?id=457 (fixed)

This is looking great, Angri!
Phil "Overman" Rice
Zarathustra Studios - http://z-studios.com
You can connect with us On Twitter, On Facebook, On YouTube, and On Vimeo.

#28 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:56 PM

Thanks, it's the third of three projects that I've started. The first will probably be a series and will progress as MS's content increases. The second is a music video for an unsigned artist's next release in 6+ months.

There are hurdles with this one as well. I'm new to this whole process and don't have the time to tackle any other machinima tools. Being so, my approach will be a MovieStorm Only one. It means that my content choices are quite limited but in the end I hope to master MS and create some great films that showcase my creativity as well as the potential of MS.

(Updating the clip right now. I added some music to show you what I'm aiming for. Download and watch at 800x450.)