• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 662 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

Something that you might want to look into making available is the ability to have hair with multiple colors, especially beards. Some people like making a statement, others just have it naturally. Right now all you can do is add a beard or mustache that is one color.

What I mean by this is, say for a blonde, untreated roots. Dark roots (dark brown or black) with blonde hair. Or, hair with wisps of grey. Beards that have grey in them, either in wisps or blocked like this:

The ability to make punk rocker types with 2, 3 or 4 colors in the hair could be used for music videos, post apocalyptic films and more. Maybe even fragmented hair like they were caught in a nuclear fallout. You get the idea.
The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#2 Xolotl

Xolotl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

I second the idear.

#3 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

That would be a great idea for Arthur's hair dresser's shop biggrin.gif

#4 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 662 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Some replies from another posting I made about this thread: (TM references The Movies)

"What I'd like to see..., is more Hairstyles that are realistic... Not the ridiculous morphing long fringes that can be Blue or purple.. wtf is that? Even the long haired male hairdo, dissappears into the forehead sometimes and exits beneath... More variety would be great. iClone has some cool Hairdo's.. So did TM tbh. MS haido's are too limited or too weird. IMO."

"That reminded me. Every time I start up MS, I long for the various era hairstyles from The Movies. I also liked that they were gender interchangeable."

"More realistic hairstyles would take priority."

All very good responses. I do agree that more realistic looking hair should be the #1 priority but I would still like some attention given to my original thoughts too.
The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#5 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

I also remember Sisch being excited about new Hairdo's that 'were coming' back in the day but when they did, they were the morphing odd coloured Fringe type cuts.. to which were met by some disappointment to the majority of filmmakers here that weren't Teenagers.
(A big part of the reason Sisch slipped off into the SL ether too I believe)

I have now worked/fiddled with The Movies, Moviestorm, & iClone.
Out of all these I personally believe the best 'Hairdo's' were in TM.
The fact that they were Gender swappable was a Big plus too.
Luckily people like Writerly & kkffoo have created a few Hair options
for us but apart from those we are still very limited. I'd love to see more options there.
Arthurs Barber Shop doesn't 'cut it' for me.. haha (No offense)
A scruffy Male hairdo, or wavy with a bit of length.. Natural colours... would be great.
I'm not complaining btw.., just offering some input. wink.gif

I DO think that MS has the Best Beard options though..except for the Santa one.

#6 ArthurVKuhrmeier

ArthurVKuhrmeier

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 492 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

Hello, this is the hair dresser & barber shop speaking. laugh.gif

I have the same problem as you guys. The hair choice is very limited, especially for women. I got the hang of that morphing business. It's pretty cool, so I started there. cool.gif

As soon as possible I will create more new hair, props, animations etc. If I only had more time. wink.gif The problem with hair is that Moviestorm does not support real hair (like blender e.g.). Long hair are difficult in particular because you have to weight it to the bones of the body: shoulder, neck, back, chest etc. This also makes morphing more difficult.

Hair are basically some sort of an accessory. A new approach to hair would be more than welcome. But in my understanding it will be very difficult, so we shouldn't wait for it. sad.gif

But I got that input; saved on my internal brain drive.
Arthur biggrin.gif

PS: My hair come in natural hair colors, soon even tintable. smile.gif