• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

Running the latest version of Moviestorm, when trying to import a Sketchup 6 model, the modshop is just crashing to desktop blink.gif

I have tried 3 different models and get the same result.

I have attached the log.

Attached Files

• Attached File  LOG.zip   4.19KB   2 downloads

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5373 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

It is working OK for me kv, want to send me the model and I'll check it on my machine?

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

The log is not showing anything much useful. Last thing it says is that it is using the 4k shadowcaster.
It is plausible that this could cause a crash, if your graphics card is not up to it - might be worth trying a lower shadow resolution, and seeing if that makes a difference.

Otherwise it would be helpful to see the sketchup model - the crash might be dependant on the thing you are importing.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#4 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

My Graphics card is the Geforce GTX 770 2gb, so I`m not sure that is the problem.

I`m gonna try the models again now and see what happens and will post my results.

#5 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

Hmmm, it seems to be certain models from what I downloaded, as I did manage to import a couple, so it is likely not the importer at fault.

I`ll have to have a closer look at the models and see what could be causing the problem. Mind you I may aswell just consider building my own just so I know exactly what is what rolleyes.gif

Thanks any way guys smile.gif

#6 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

The biggest hint at model complexity is the filesize of the sketchup model download - if the ones that are failing are the ones with the higher filesize, then it is plausible that they are too complex.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd