• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

Here we go, PapaG and KV`s second collaberative release!

Smoking is bad for your health, yet smokers find it socialable, why should moviestorm puppets be any different.

So here we have one held cig, and one cig in mouth for both male and female puppets complete with easy to use smoke gestures.

Check out the demo which comes with some handy tips.

Then grab your free addon from machinimods.

#2 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:24 PM

Yah they look good in low light as the end glows red and if you puppet is Holding a drink they can drink from it and then take a smoke afterwards.
and as a Non smoker My self, I would second that we do not encourage, people to start smoking, Cause honestly it's Gross and make's others start gagging!

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#3 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

Okay - this post is meant to be very lighthearted, so if it doesn't read that way, please know that that's what I meant... :-D

But it's so funny how you guys keep saying, "don't start smoking now" with this mod. I'm a non-smoker, too, so I get it - but no one says "don't go shooting people" when they release a gun mod, or "don't go walking up behind people, choking them and then breaking their neck." lol... just so funny tongue.gif

Also, awesome job. I'm at work right now so I can't download it yet, but I can't wait for the opportunity to play around with it smile.gif

#4 Robear

Robear

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

What? No doobie?

But seriously, thanks guys.

Great job on this!

Ex-smoker Rob

#5 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (tkd27 @ Jun 8 2011, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay - this post is meant to be very lighthearted, so if it doesn't read that way, please know that that's what I meant... :-D

But it's so funny how you guys keep saying, "don't start smoking now" with this mod. I'm a non-smoker, too, so I get it - but no one says "don't go shooting people" when they release a gun mod, or "don't go walking up behind people, choking them and then breaking their neck." lol... just so funny tongue.gif

Also, awesome job. I'm at work right now so I can't download it yet, but I can't wait for the opportunity to play around with it smile.gif

This is what some people may class as a sensitive subject pack, particularly for those under age we don`t want smoking to seem cool, hence the warnings.

#6 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5410 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (kv @ Jun 9 2011, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we don`t want smoking to seem cool

But smoking IS cool....in Black and White wink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#7 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (tkd27 @ Jun 8 2011, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but no one says "don't go shooting people" when they release a gun mod, or "don't go walking up behind people, choking them and then breaking their neck." lol... just so funny tongue.gif

I think that because the death and pain cause by these mods are seen instantly, the slow and gradually painful death caused by smoking is only experienced by those who have aditvly done so for 25 years. The fact that smoking kill is not plain in your face easy to see, and because blowing smoke out of your mouth dose look cool, and not that harmful, as aposed to the visual pain and death seen instantly in guns and neck cracking would be the reason for that

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#8 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

Speaking as a former smoker, when your friends who you think are cool or just - there - are smoking and you want to fit in, you either don't think about far off future consequences or you ignore what you know.

Peer pressure is less about the people around you and more about your desire to fit in.

I seldom had anyone encouraging me to try drugs or start smoking.

Quite the opposite usually.

But I felt out of place otherwise.

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#9 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (PapaG @ Jun 9 2011, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that because the death and pain cause by these mods are seen instantly, the slow and gradually painful death caused by smoking is only experienced by those who have aditvly done so for 25 years. The fact that smoking kill is not plain in your face easy to see, and because blowing smoke out of your mouth dose look cool, and not that harmful, as aposed to the visual pain and death seen instantly in guns and neck cracking would be the reason for that

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm just being cynical :-P

#10 penutboy4

penutboy4

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

Ok im new to modding with moviestorm. I really like this i have a movie already in mind i can use this in. One problem........i cant figure out how to download it onto moviestorm. Any advice to help? thanks

#11 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (penutboy4 @ Jul 4 2011, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok im new to modding with moviestorm. I really like this i have a movie already in mind i can use this in. One problem........i cant figure out how to download it onto moviestorm. Any advice to help? thanks

Hey penutboy,

First download the file and unzip it. You'll find a .addon file. Remember the directory you've unzipped that file to. Then load Moviestorm. On the first screen, before you click the big START button, in the left hand lower corner you'll see a smaller button that says "Get More Content." Click that. It opens another window. On that window there is a button that says "Install add on file." Click that and simply navigate to the directory where your .addon file is. Select that .addon and let Moviestorm do the rest. Once it's installed you can safely delete the .addon file, unless you want to back it up in case your computer crashes or something.

Good luck and have fun smile.gif

Matt

#12 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:31 AM

Fantastic mod guys and well done, but I would like to know if you can do the classic hero type smoking with 2 fingers and a thumb holding the cigarette.

Regards
Davidwww

Attached Files

Moviestorm still Number One

#13 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:33 AM

That could be done, however the cig would need to be reboned again to work this way aswell as new animations created, it would result in a duplicate cig accessory.

#14 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

But Bogie looks so cool, you have to have a cool smoking gesture, for the love of your supreme being that may or may not exist, you have to make the heroes look cool. Oh! and while your at it add a flick the cig away animation as well tongue.gif

Regards
David

Moviestorm still Number One

#15 ragavannn

ragavannn

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 09:44 AM

i cannot access the link. pls anybody help me :(

#16 ragavannn

ragavannn