• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Daveman

Daveman

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:49 PM

I am to a small degree into Cigar Box Guitars, even built one myself. The same cheap "piezo pickup" I use in my cigar box guitar can be used for generating all kinds of sci-fi effects. Here's a demonstration video of the fellow CBG folks demonstrating one in action. Good luck and I hope this tip helps someone. I'll build one once I get past my lazy streak :-)

#2 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (Daveman @ Sep 25 2014, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am to a small degree into Cigar Box Guitars, even built one myself. The same cheap "piezo pickup" I use in my cigar box guitar can be used for generating all kinds of sci-fi effects. Here's a demonstration video of the fellow CBG folks demonstrating one in action. Good luck and I hope this tip helps someone. I'll build one once I get past my lazy streak :-)

I love that! I have always been intrigued with sound. And it is amazing to see what kind of sonal textures you can get out of tiny little ordinary objects. Bern Burtt from Star Wars was and is probably the master of that. I enjoyed the video...

#3 Daveman

Daveman

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (pedrosura @ Oct 4 2014, 7:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love that! I have always been intrigued with sound. And it is amazing to see what kind of sonal textures you can get out of tiny little ordinary objects. Bern Burtt from Star Wars was and is probably the master of that. I enjoyed the video...

Cool! i am certainly glad this was of help to someone, or at least found of interest.
Cheers!

#4 spenayoung

spenayoung

Director

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:29 PM

THAT IS AMAZING! I'm a percussionist, and I totally entirely dig everything that you have done! INCREDIBLE! LOVE IT!
Sabrina Pena Young
Composer/Filmmaker/Sci-fi Junkie
Libertaria: The Virtual Opera

You must unlearn what you have learned.
Visit My Website