• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jimthehermit

jimthehermit

Director

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:18 AM

After putting a computer screen on a set, I realized I'd been looking at and using the default image for a long time.

To get a new one, all you have to do is press The Print Screen button (usually around the F12 key) and an image will be created of whatever is on your (real-life) computer screen.

Then open Paint and press Ctrl + V to paste
Save as a bitmap or jpeg and load it into your movie.

Presto, a custom made screen!

Attached Files

#2 spenayoung

spenayoung

Director

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (jimthehermit @ Dec 20 2014, 3:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After putting a computer screen on a set, I realized I'd been looking at and using the default image for a long time.

To get a new one, all you have to do is press The Print Screen button (usually around the F12 key) and an image will be created of whatever is on your (real-life) computer screen.

I've used the screen capture function a LOT when using MS. For example, if I need a color for a texture, I will simply take a screenshot of the color using a basic writing program quickly, or even grab a texture from something online. It's also a great way to simply add in images like for a picture frame or even for a mask. In fact, my desktop is usually littered with screenshots that i have used for a ton of projects. Alsoa great way to share what you are working on right now with social media! Great tip!
Sabrina Pena Young
Composer/Filmmaker/Sci-fi Junkie
Libertaria: The Virtual Opera

You must unlearn what you have learned.
Visit My Website

#3 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (jimthehermit @ Dec 20 2014, 3:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's good. I use Ctrl + Print . Open Paint> Ctrl+V and Save as
Thanks!

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5345 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:20 PM

If you only want a particular window or pop-up dialogue box to be included from your screen hold down "Alt" while pressing "Print Screen". It saves having to cut it out of the full screen image.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#5 jimthehermit

jimthehermit

Director

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jan 3 2015, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you only want a particular window or pop-up dialogue box to be included from your screen hold down "Alt" while pressing "Print Screen". It saves having to cut it out of the full screen image.

Cool, I didn't know about that

#6 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:22 AM

I would use this method to get a screenshot of my Moviestorm movie for a thumbnail or thread post or even to display on something within the movie such as a phone image. I eventually figured out the best way to get a high quality image of something in your movie was to set the camera to shoot the image and then render out to custom individual jpg images. You only need a second of video or less to a bunch of images to choose from.

#7 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:57 PM

Also, there are lots of screen shot and/or video capturing tools out there, most of them with rather convenient though limited editing and annotating capabilities included.
One of them, apparently free is GreenShot. I have no experience with it, since I use FastStone Capture, a very valuable tool at work for documentation purposes.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM