• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 headrushindi

headrushindi

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

by the time you all respond to this I will be a new moviestorm user..I am going to install the program on a temp computer and use it  for a month or so , however I will be getting a NEW computer  and will reinstall the program on the NEW system at that time ..my question is 

how can I save and TRANSFER any unfinished project to the new computer once i have it all set up??

can anyone advise 

thanks

Head Rush Independent Films

#2 Poulet Noir

Poulet Noir

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1135 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:11 AM

Hi,

This should be possible. You'll need to copy the folders containing the movie from your old computer to the right place on the new computer.

Hmm, actually, it's probably easiler to use the 'share movie' option when the time comes. I've never done that myself, but it should do much the same thing. Hopefully somebody with some experience of doing this will chip in!

"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Hosting for the Urban Decay Pack thanks to Ichikaiden ... Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

#3 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:04 PM

Moviestorm saves it's user specific data into a folder called Moviestorm within your user home folder.

Within that, the important bits are:

AddOn (folder) contains any mods you have installed

Movies (folder) contains any movies you have saved

Stock (folder) contains any sets or characters you have saved as stock

boot.log, LOG.txt (log files) I sometimes need to debug Moviestorm when things go wrong)

keybindings.properties (file) any hotkeys you have redefined

machinimascope.properties (file) settings for where your windows appear etc

If you copy over the AddOn, Movies and Stock folders to your Moviestorm folder on your new computer, you should have all the important stuff.

Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd