• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 tombenjamin

tombenjamin

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:19 AM

A perfect place to explore the impact of sound is through the ample resources of old time radio programmes, either streamed or downloaded from www.archive.org. My own site www.tv-tom.com gives an example, showing how these sound effects were created in studios with a recommendation that any good movie studio should have a stock of sound clips & noise-makers.

#22 tombenjamin

tombenjamin

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:20 AM

Another major point. It's easy for machinima software developers to add ever more 'realistic' renders, interactions etc. I hope MovieStorm can resist this and go for successive streamlining and ease of use. Animators should all read this uncanny valley Added realism only creates worse zombies. Think about it - what's the closest thing to a human? a dead one. An animated corpse is creepy. Stick with simple avatars. Simpsons & SouthPark did fine with 2D.

Because audio is such a major component few have realized the potential this brings. Audio is low bandwidth compared to video. It is limited by the capacity of the human ear so needn't grow over the years as will high-def video. Therefore, small quick videos using low polygon (or even Flash vectors, slide shows etc) will have a huge bandwidth edge over the likely monstrosities that will arise when kids with cameras decide they can't even say 'Hi Mum' in under a gigabyte with their live footage, claymations etc.

Animation ought to have a huge future competing with that.

#23 satsuke

satsuke

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:47 AM

Hello everyone I am new to this forum.

THANK_FOR_ALL