• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dg982399

dg982399

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:25 AM

So I finished a part of my animation to take a quick break. I saved it, closed Moviestorm and turned my computer off. When I went back, I went to try to load my file but it wouldn't open. Every time I clicked on the file for it to load, it would just go back to the load movie section like I wanted to go back or something. Is it something wrong with my file? Did I not save it correctly? Please help.

-DG

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5345 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 03:11 AM

First of all does your PC meet these requirements? :- http://www.moviestor...cs/requirements

Secondly are your graphics drivers up to date?

Trying posting the  Log.txt file from "C:\Users\[Your User]\Moviestorm\" folder and any files with the name starting  "hs_err_pid" from your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Moviestorm" folder in thsi thread and also to support@moviestorm.net

There should be two files in a folder with your movie's name e.g. C:\Users\[Your User]\Moviestorm\Movies\[Your Movie name] called "movies.mscope" and "movie.summary". It is probably worth posting them too.

Is there a folder with your movie's name inside your user folders? i.e. C:\Users\[Your User]\Moviestorm\Movies\[Your Movie Name]

And if so are there two files called movies.mscope and ms.properties in iIs there a folder with your movie's name inside your user folders? i.e. C:\Users\[Your User]\Moviestorm\Movies\[Your Movie Name]

And if so are there two files called movies.mscope and ms.properties in it?

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 dg982399

dg982399

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:44 PM

I'm able to access the file itself since I saved it to my computer. I don't see the .log files though or anything else that you mentioned. I also wasn't able to upload the movie.summary file from my animation folder for some reason. I wasn'tAttached File  movie.mscope   3.35MB   8 downloads able to upload the .mscope file though. My problem is just I'm unable to open it for some reason. Drivers are updated, my computer met all the requirements, plus my files are all here but it just won't open.

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5345 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:18 AM

I think you will have to zip up the folder containing your movie e.g. C:\[Yourname]\Moviestorm\Movies\[YourMoviename] and send it to support@moviestorm.net or if you put in in a dropbox or something I could try and take a look. Unfortunately I can't tell anything just from that one file as I can't reconstruct the other folder contents to open the movie.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"