Reply to this topicStart new topic
character randomly moves to a bizarre spot..why?

benroberts
post Dec 29 2011, 1:53 AM
Post #1

Moviegoer

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,208

Hello MSers. I have a character in a shot, doing what I've set out for him, when suddenly- whoosh! he jumps to another spot on the set doing the same action. It's kind of sixth sense-ish. It happens when I place another character on the set at that point in the timeline. or can I do that? It's a ghost story anyway, so I may leave this spooky weird action in, but I'd like to know what the heck is up... thanking anyone for suggestions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
corthew
post Dec 29 2011, 2:09 AM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 11,729

QUOTE (benroberts @ Dec 28 2011, 09:53 PM) *
Hello MSers. I have a character in a shot, doing what I've set out for him, when suddenly- whoosh! he jumps to another spot on the set doing the same action. It's kind of sixth sense-ish. It happens when I place another character on the set at that point in the timeline. or can I do that? It's a ghost story anyway, so I may leave this spooky weird action in, but I'd like to know what the heck is up... thanking anyone for suggestions.

I'm not experiencing that when I try what I think you described.

I placed a character on set.
Had her perform a task, specifically, she's alternately lowering and raising a bunch of roses, (I assume from the valentines pack).
In the middle of the animation sequence I add a second character to the set.

Nothing unusual happens.

Maybe more detail? Which action is the character performing? Could be a problem there.

Also, have you removed the character from the timeline at some point and added him back in?

If a character is performing an animation and you remove him from the set, he may be still doing the thing when he is placed back in again, like sitting for example.

--------------------
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Jan 2 2012, 12:09 PM
Post #3

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 116

Are there any held prop activities that say (base) beside them, for the character that is jumping across the room? That might lead to a situation like you discribe.

If it isnt that, it would be interesting to see your saved movie - it might shed more light on what is happening.
You could zip up the folder for that movie and send it to me at ben.sanders (at) moviestorm.co.uk
Put a link to this thread in, so I dont get confused, please.

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: