• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fortyfoxes

fortyfoxes

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:51 PM

Hi, I'm doing an education project to create a local news (TV) station, involving students form the local Mosque and surrounding estates.

I'm having a technical problem with MovieStorm unable to render movies used as textures in the standard examples. I've been using movie exports from MovieStorm as textures on the TV props, and tried the recommended formats and dimensions. I think the technical problem relates to using OSX Leopard.

I'm wandering what i can do about this as it is a vital part of the programme content - would this be more stable on PC's. is thre likely to be a fix, or is the only way to do this to go out and buy some high end PC's?

#2 thefr00n

thefr00n

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:50 PM

If I understand what you're saying, you're trying to get rendered movies to play on a TV prop? Where are you running into difficulties - with the initial rendering, or with applying textures to a TV prop?

Either way, you'll probably get more help if you pose this question in the Modding forum.

#3 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:01 AM

Currently the Playing of Video on props does work better on PC's than on Mac's. PC's now use Direct Show, rather than ffmpeg; we are hoping to get Mac's to work with anything that works with Quicktime, but havn't got to that yet.

However, it is important to check that you are doing it right first, as movies rendered from Moviestorm should work when playing on props, even with Mac's.

Are you first creating your set, then going to the directors view (the black/white masks icon)?
Then, in the directors view, you can click on the TV (or other similar prop), and select 'Play Video' and then browse to your video file.

If you are still in the set workshop (the crossed paintbrush and hammer) and you click on the TV and change the image, it only works with Image files, not with video.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd